Clomipramine

pink-moon

Hey everyone :) This is my first post, but I've been lurking on here for years! So anyway, my doctor has prescribed 25mg of Clomipramine, a pretty old type of antidepressant, and I'm so worried about taking them; I've been on Citalopram and Zoloft in the past, and experienced really bad side effects, mainly nausea/vomiting.

I just wondered if anyone else has taken these drugs before? If so, did you experience nausea, or anything else unpleasant? I read the list of possible side effects, and it was every bloody one known to man! I know it's a risk I'll have to take, but I just want to know more first. Arrrgh.

Thanks.

Noca

Banned
Take an antiemetic like Zofran or Stemetil if you experience nausea. Also take Anafranil(Clomipramine) with food to lessen stomach upset.

Anafranil is usually the best med for OCD.

Last edited:

pink-moon

Also, it isn't to treat OCD, it's for SA and depression. I think he's given me the one he thinks is least likely to make me ill or something.

Noca

Banned
Also, it isn't to treat OCD, it's for SA and depression. I think he's given me the one he thinks is least likely to make me ill or something.

I'm on Nortriptyline, another tricyclic anti-depressant like Anafranil, and the only side effect I experience is slight nausea/slight drowsiness. I take 20mg of Stemetil with it sometimes, and I'm fine. Check with your pharmacist if you want a second opinion.

pink-moon

Thanks, you've eased my mind a little. I'm just being a wimp really, my doctor's already told me it's quite likely I'll get ill again, I just have to take them and find out I guess.