Class talking & listening-last chance =S

sidney

Hi, in skool we have to do a talking & listening for part of our grade - i cant skip that day cus they'll make you do it on another plus i want to do it im just scared shitless

i know im going to go red & i cant stand people watching me when i go red & ill be shaking like hell but this counts for 20% of my grade in 2 subjects not just one and it makes the diff between A* and an A which im heading for cus its one of my best subjects
our teacher said shes been building up the marks by how we've talked in class over the 2 years, but i havent been cus im too scared so i really need this one to go well, any tips??

EveM

What's your presentation on?

I'm not really one to give advice because I managed to get out of doing the presentation at 2 different schools (talk about running from your fears!). But I suppose it's some comfort to think that a lot of people will also be nervous, even the people who appear to be confident most of the time. Also once it's over, it'll be over and the next day or week, no one will even remember what you looked or sounded like doing your presentation because they would have seen the whole classes presentations and have been focusing on their own.

I'm not sure if it was on this site or another forum, but someone else made a topic saying they had a presentation and afterwards they said it wasn't as bad as they expected and people even said they did well. Good luck! x

Midnight

ahh I know the feeling :? The nervousness and going red in front of everyone, the feeling ughh it's horrible.

I'm not half as bad as I used to be, although I still hate presentations.. I used to get so nervous when public speaking that I could actually see people in the class were sniggering about it! 8O

Recently though I had to do a presentation for my technology class which had to last 5 mins and it went alright, I actually didn't go red and although I was pretty nervous I managed not to stutter hardly at all. I know its all cliche and stuff to say positive thinking but I really think that helped me, and blocking out all thoughts of being nervous and going red, and keep thinking that it'll go fine and that it won't last for very long when it's over I'll just be relieved and can forget about it, well all that helped me to be alot calmer and helped to balance the nerves so it didn't go so bad

goodluck I hope it goes well!

4seasons

I can give you one piece of advice....when your up there, just concentrate on what your topic and not them.

You'll feel like you're the shit when its done haha.

SilentType

Banned
I bet you're teacher knows about your condition an you won't be penalized for your lack of participation. You gotta understand, teachers work with tons of kids and they usually enjoy the quiet ones like us :) as opposed to the usual wild and outspoken teenagers.

Peace

osse

SilentType said:
I bet you're teacher knows about your condition an you won't be penalized for your lack of participation. You gotta understand, teachers work with tons of kids and they usually enjoy the quiet ones like us :) as opposed to the usual wild and outspoken teenagers.
Sure, but perhaps it would be better for him not to avoid this situations. This could be a good training.