citalopram ?!!

italiano

any one shed some light on citalopram for my anxiety/depression, i was prescribed it today along with propanolol (which i have been taking since nov), is n e one taking this or have taken this before-i collect prescription tomoro, is it any good??

thanx

nick

saints442

Hi,

I have to say that i was prescibed both also, a while back. Citalopram did nothing for me to tell the truth. Propanolol is a beta blocker that does help a lil, if you take it sparingly when you feel an anxiety attack coming on or before any major occasion.

saying that, different drugs work for different people, so give them a try and see how it goes :)

italiano

did you have n e unwanted side effects or n e thin i shud watch for? i go to college and wrk with tools and machinery (carpentry), does the drug make u dizzy at all? or disoriented?!

cheers

saints442

Hi,

No i did not suffer any side effects at all. You should be OK, but like i say, everyone is different.

I would be careful, to be on the safe side, but i would not worry too much.

Hope they help !!!!

partyrings

hi there i think i am the only one who has seen a difference with this medication i have been on it since january and i think it has down well for me,i have been told that on alot of ppl it is noe effective or that on some ppl the side effects are not very nice but for me it has worked!!! i felt slightly sick the first 2 weeks of taking it but once my body got used to it and i tool it at the same time with food i was fine and feel much better on them!! i was also seeing a hypnotherapist at the same time which obviously helped with everything and was like an addition to the medication,i am not seein the hypnotherapist anymore but am still practising what she tought me and the tablets are still doing good for me!! hope this helps

jojosparkles

citolopram was absolutely crap! i started off at 10mg and then increased to 20mg..it just made me put on loadsa weight which did not help the fact i have an eating disorder. i am now on cipralex escitalopram along with propanolol and i feel a bit better however i fink i will need to inrease the dose of escitalopram as i still have shitty days like today!!

corrinaelizabeth

hi im on 40mg and its helping my depression,at 1st was very tired but am getting used to it give ur body time to get used to it and u have to be on it at least 6-8 weeks to see a real difference ive been on it 2 wks and feel slightly better already,what dosage ru on?

italiano

i have just started in my 4th week of it and i dont know what to think, its helped alot tho, im startin to do more things like goin out more with my friends and having a laff!

I just started taking it today to treat my "Accute Anxiety Disorder" and related depression. I hope it works. I'm not a big fan of drugs, to say the least, and haven't taken any meds in over five years.
(mainly due to my fear of side effects).

I was told it would take three to four days for me to feel any side effects and six to eight weeks to feel any possible improvements.

Has anyone felt the medication has had an effect on their sex drive?