Citalopram 40mg...experiences...?

DillJenkins

Im on Citalopram 40mg right now. Ive been taking 20mg of it for the past 6 weeks. So far it doesnt seem to be helping much or at all so I got the dose doubled.

My main side effects are insomnia, appetite loss, and headaches.

I have also been on Paxil CR, Lexapro, and Zoloft for SSRI's. None helped and I went to the max dose on all.

My question is basically how will I know if its working or if it is eventually going to work?

On the 20mg dose I noticed that my thoughts were slightly more rational then usual. I have also been somewhat more assertive. I have also been able to make some phone calls but I think this is due to the Xanax I am taking rather then Celexa.

My diagnoses are Social Phobia (primary), Agoraphobia with Panic Disorder, and Obsessive Compulsive Personality. I also have self diagnosed dysthymia.

The dysthymia seems to have improved with Celexa but it hasnt helped any of my other disorders.

I really need something that can help with Social Phobia all of the time. The Xanax works great and has really allowed me to "push" myself but I do need something to help all the time.

In addition to the above meds, I have tried Wellbutrin, Seroquel, Ativan, and Klonopin over the years.

Skald

I am on 40mg too and to update yes they are working but i have broken out in spots, continuous dry mouth, and very sluggish,