Cipramil

D

deleteduser

Hi everyone. Apologies if this is in the wrong place/forum, I'm fairly new to web forums...

I have very bad Social Phobia. I'm 29 and have had it for 11 years.
About 5 years ago I was prescribed Cipramil which I took for 5 months but it had little or no affect.

I became frustrated and gave up on it and have just suffered quietly since, with every aspect of my life being ruined by Social Phobia.

But lately I was told that it's possible the Cipramil might have worked back then if only I hadn't been self-medicating with alcohol on a fairly regular basis whilst taking it.

I'm at the stage where I need to take a grip of things and plan on going back to my doctor in the next week. I've also quit alcohol as it was making things worse in the long run, even if it offered brief relief in certain situations.

Should I ask for Cipramil again? Or is there another drug that people would recommend?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

shrnwarks

I tried Cipramil but it had very little effect for my depression or anxiety. I was then refered to a psychiatrist who put me on Venlafaxine (Effexor) which i felt has helped me greatly. It doesn't seem to have great reviews on this site but it has worked for me. Please dont feel you have to suffer in silence...there is quite a lot of treatment out there now and it might take a while to find the right one for you but there is help out there :)

Noca

Banned
I havent tried Celexa(Cipramil) but ive tried the sister drug Lexapro :) I used it for 2 years. It did nothing for my SA, it just helped my depression.

Fairy001

I found Cipramil did nothing also, however, alcohol would have cancelled out any benefit from SSRI meds, so yes, it is worth trying again.

Peace