Christmas

BelovedAunt

I just wondered how everyone feels about this time of year.

This will be my first Christmas since my husband left me and I must say that I am dreading it, even moreso than usual. With the downturn in relations with my sister and niece also, this is looking like being the loneliest and most miserable Christmas of them all :cry:

I received my first Christmas card through the post yesterday. I didn't recognise the name in the card and so I felt a little uneasy. I never send Christmas cards - mostly because there aren't a whole lot of people that I trust enough to send them to - and so I don't expect to receive any. It may have been from someone in my ex-husband's family, but I don't know. I really didn't like the idea of receiving something in the post from someone who I don't know (which suggests that they know where I live..!) and so I put the card in the shredder. Even that didn't put my mind at ease...so I took the shreds of paper out of the shredder and burned them. I also binned the shredder itself. I don't know why this card upset me so much...I guess it was maybe the realisation that I really am going to be alone this year. It scared me.

Everyone is so happy and festive at this year. Going out to parties and enjoying themselves. But I hate it. I can't even face putting decorations up in the house. I don't trust tinsel....there's something very unsettling about the way it just hangs from the ceiling.

So...how does the rest of the forum feel about Christmas?

edhopper

christmas was never the same after i found out father christmas wasn't real. its been downhill ever since :(

Convict187

Giving money to help pay for gifts that someone else is getting doesn't feel the same, but that's all I can do again this year, plus it's the anniversary of my mums death/escape from pain on the 19th of December :(

Sad-Kitten

I love Christmas even if i don't have something going on. The last few years have been kind of downers,we used to put up a tree and all that, but just kind of stopped. This year has been different we are getting back to putting up a tree and the mood just seems better.

Also it snowed yesterday and we got about 2 1/2"-3". I couldn't sleep last night so i decided to just take a walk outside it was great! It was about 3A.M. and everything was covered and hardly anybody had gone out during the day so it was undisturbed, it was quiet and beautiful.