Choking sensation while eating

cowboyup

Lately, I've been experiencing a kind of choking sensation along with light-headed feeling while eating. Usually upon taking that first bite. I've tried making sure I eat slower, chew my food good, etc. but nothing seems to help. I have to stand up while I eat because it seems better that way as opposed to sitting down and eating.

Is this yet another 'fun effect' of anxiety?

It's gotten to the point that I am afraid to eat anything for fear of that choking feeling.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance.

surewhynot

Do you have a healthy diet? This sounds kinda serious to me, so I would advice seeing a doctor if you can (you can never be too safe). I know that anxiety and depression can make you not eat enough (as it can also make you eat too much), but being healthy should be your number one priority.

cowboyup

Do you have a healthy diet? This sounds kinda serious to me, so I would advice seeing a doctor if you can (you can never be too safe). I know that anxiety and depression can make you not eat enough (as it can also make you eat too much), but being healthy should be your number one priority.

Actually, not to brag, but I do. I have an organic smoothie in the morning complete with spinach, kale, organic yogurt, flax seed, organic honey, fresh fruit...I have cut WAY back on coffee and soda to just as a 'treat', and physically, I feel fine. During the day, my meals are generally healthy, and I only have fast food again, as a treat about once or twice a month. (and everything else is working, lol)
so....:thinking::idontknow:

surewhynot

Actually, not to brag, but I do. I have an organic smoothie in the morning complete with spinach, kale, organic yogurt, flax seed, organic honey, fresh fruit...I have cut WAY back on coffee and soda to just as a 'treat', and physically, I feel fine. During the day, my meals are generally healthy, and I only have fast food again, as a treat about once or twice a month. (and everything else is working, lol)
so....:thinking::idontknow:

Weeeird :question: