chest pains

jmdevans

:cry: hi- I'm having a panic attack right now. I always feel like talking to someone or communicating in some way to help me calm down-so here I am. I've been reading the forum and it seems like i have a lot of the same stuff. I have at least one panic attack a day. I feel tension in my chest and then it starts to hurt and I'll have a constant thought about dying for the rest of the day. 'I'm gonna have a heart attack' thought all freaking day. I obsesse about it until i cant think about anything else ihave to do something, talk to someone, just do something to keep my mind off of it. I've been to the er in the last 6months and they ran a ekg and say it just panic. but It doesn't keep my mind from saying its my heart. my chest seems to hurt most when I get tired or when I'm working really fast at work. SO i think i'm getting to the point I know the cause, I just dont know what to do with it now. I hate feeling like this what does everyone else do?

johnyboy

jmdevans said:
:cry: hi- I'm having a panic attack right now. I always feel like talking to someone or communicating in some way to help me calm down-so here I am. I've been reading the forum and it seems like i have a lot of the same stuff. I have at least one panic attack a day. I feel tension in my chest and then it starts to hurt and I'll have a constant thought about dying for the rest of the day. 'I'm gonna have a heart attack' thought all freaking day. I obsesse about it until i cant think about anything else ihave to do something, talk to someone, just do something to keep my mind off of it. I've been to the er in the last 6months and they ran a ekg and say it just panic. but It doesn't keep my mind from saying its my heart. my chest seems to hurt most when I get tired or when I'm working really fast at work. SO i think i'm getting to the point I know the cause, I just dont know what to do with it now. I hate feeling like this what does everyone else do?
i know what you feel..you should overcome it like i did.its all in the mind believe me.I went to hospital too many times but thank god when they run many test on me im healthy as a bull.You should learn to overcome it nothing wont happen to you been there many times.Tip try to exercise a lot and keep your mind off it,also pray it helps a lot. :D :D

AdamG

jmdevans - dude, you are NOT alone. I mean, your post could have come out of MY fingers.

I do the same thing - I tend to "need" communication when I'm having an attack, as though it will somehow focus my mind outwards instead of inwards, or it will help my grip on reality to talk to a real person.

I also feel the same thing - my panic attacks start in my chest or stomach and slowly radiate outward until my whole midsection and chest feel constricted, my heart-type-area hurts, my pulse is too fast and feels weak, and I have a lot of trouble keeping my breathing even close to normal. This makes my wrists and the back of my neck go all tingly, and I start thinking "I'M NOT GETTING ENOUGH OXYGEN TO MY BRAIN!" or "I'M ABOUT TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK!" It's horrible. I freak out and think I'm about to die.

So... I'm still here, and man, I'm sure you're still here too, we aren't about to die, so... here's to that, right? Just know that your symptoms do not isolate you - if anything, know that I relate 100% to them and reading your post / typing this reply has actually really helped me chill this morning (fighting one off myself).