Changes in symptoms

Unspoken

I was diagnosed with OCD as a child, but left treatment in middle school because I could manage with help from my parents. It never involved cleaning or checking previously, but it's starting to.

The past month or so I've been washing my hands/face/keyboard and more recently my earbuds 2-5 times a day even if I'm just sitting around working because I keep feeling like they've somehow gotten dirty and oily (I know human bodies do secrete some oils?). I get like this with pillow cases, blankets, and pajamas, too, though I think I'm just being ridiculous because if I'm away for a day or two everything feels normal again except the things that are genuinely dirty. I'll sometimes put on clean pajamas after showering, lounge for a few hours, and start feeling like I need to change already.

I also sometimes find myself spending 10-30 minutes out of the blue arranging my browser bookmarks or tabs, changing the order of playlists, moving things in my room, or just generally fiddling with things or worrying about their condition and being mild-moderately stressed out about it.

On the other hand, some of the specific fears are disappearing or have disappeared entirely, especially the ones that center on harming people or my potential to harm people.

The old behaviors have been disappearing for the past 3 years and the new ones have been cropping up in the past 2-3, and I'm wondering what the shift might be indicative of (an alternative disorder or disorders? misdiagnosis? how likely is OCD to change over the years?) and if this sounds serious enough to warrant going back in.