Challenge ourselves to break out of a rut and depression

Almost everyday I wake up and do the same thing...go on the internet, read, eat and maybe watch some tv or movies. I hardly ever leave the house unless I absolutely HAVE to or if I'm with my boyfriend. I'm seriously depressed, bored and feeling more bitter everyday about life and the fact that I'm wasting away and missing out when i should be living it to the fullest. Does anyone else feel this way and like they can't stand to live another day or week like this?? We need to find a way to challenge ourselves :/...So here's my proposition: Anyone who wants to should pick one thing that they haven't willingly done in a long time and try to face that fear. It could be anything...going to the grocery store, seeing a friend, calling someone, looking for a job, going to a class,etc. Anyone have any ideas on what they want to face? 0.o

For me one of the things will be going to a temporary job next week, and trying to go to a public place like somewhere to swim and *maybe* invite a friend with me :/

rigby1987

Almost everyday I wake up and do the same thing...go on the internet, read, eat and maybe watch some tv or movies. I hardly ever leave the house unless I absolutely HAVE to or if I'm with my boyfriend. I'm seriously depressed, bored and feeling more bitter everyday about life and the fact that I'm wasting away and missing out when i should be living it to the fullest. Does anyone else feel this way and like they can't stand to live another day or week like this?? We need to find a way to challenge ourselves :/...So here's my proposition: Anyone who wants to should pick one thing that they haven't willingly done in a long time and try to face that fear. It could be anything...going to the grocery store, seeing a friend, calling someone, looking for a job, going to a class,etc. Anyone have any ideas on what they want to face? 0.o

For me one of the things will be going to a temporary job next week, and trying to go to a public place like somewhere to swim and *maybe* invite a friend with me :/

hiya ye nice thread idea

Does anyone else feel this way and like they can't stand to live another day or week like this??

Yes i feel the same every day ,this week i have been to see my one friend that i haven't seen face to face for ages but i still feel like when im in his company that i need to escape and go home . I dunno how im meant to change that dreaded terror feeling i get that tells me to get back to safe zone .

R

staticreflex

I always make big plans of what new things I'm going to do to break out (ie go the the mall and just walk through it once, try talking to two strangers or something like that) but I always make an excuse not to at the last minute.

I am writing this from a library where I have gone everyday for the past 3 days to use the internet instead of doing it at home just to get out of the house and be around other people so I guess I have broken out for one thing in the past few days.

DekKO

Very good idea! This forum is here for getting rid of our SA with help from people who have the same problem, not for someone to keep complaining about how they're wasting their lives and they never even make an effort to get cured. I think it's a good idea to step out of your comfort zone but not to far away from it. You need to just take baby steps until your danger zone is now apart of your comfort zone. I might try something uncomfortable for me this week and see where it goes.

spect01

not for someone to keep complaining about how they're wasting their lives and they never even make an effort to get cured.

There are people here who are like that from what I've seen. ::(:

Staying on the internet all day ranting about your SA and problems won't solve anything. Everyone wants a better life. You need to make it happen. You CAN make it happen. All you need is that first step. Face your fears. Before it's too late.