Carbs/Sugars and Sweating

HH Assassin

I'm no nutrition expert but I noticed something...
The past couple weeks I tried this Scarsdale Medical Diet recommended by my roommates. It's sort of like a low type of carb diet where you're eating barely any bread and no pasta, rice or anything like that. You eat a lot of fruits, vegetables and protein. No sugar, of course, and just everything fresh and natural. (Some of you may have heard of this diet where every morning you eat half a grapefruit, one piece of bread and black coffee or tea for breakfast...well this is it.)

ANYHOO I noticed my hands were TOTALLY dry for a lot of last week. But this week I fell off the wagon and started eating carbs again...not in crazy amounts but way more than the previous week...and man, I started getting sweaty hands again, consistently and in that irritating, uncomfortable way.

There is definitely a relationship between sweating and diet. What have you guys experienced? Maybe together we can come up with a Master No-sweat Diet and sell it as an e-book online for $34.95. haha! j/k

Seriously though, maybe we can compile some test cases and be on to something here...

IhateHH

hmmm this sucks! I eat a lot of carbs to workout and im asian so i eat white rice on daily basis... life is so cruel :(. But eating fruits and vegies should be a must either way, cuz it's healthy for the body. I'm down to try it for a weekend. I think rexus can shine in on this topic since he's doing a diet test also.

Btw i read on the avert/robinul thread that you were having success with robinul. Any reason you stopped taking it, besides costs?

Last edited:

Scooter

Whatever works for you, but be careful of low carb diets. They're not designed for long term use & they can have really nasty side effects, like bad breath!

HH Assassin

Whatever works for you, but be careful of low carb diets. They're not designed for long term use & they can have really nasty side effects, like bad breath!

Haha yeah and, on a more serious note, low carb diets can cause kidney problems. I'm aware of that.

I am starting this thread not to promote any particular kind of diet but to see what others have experienced. How has your food intake affected your hyperhidrosis?

If anyone has not been aware of it and is more conscious of that relationship now, please share with us here.

:)

Thank you!!

HH Assassin

hmmm this sucks! I eat a lot of carbs to workout and im asian so i eat white rice on daily basis... life is so cruel :(. But eating fruits and vegies should be a must either way, cuz it's healthy for the body. I'm down to try it for a weekend. I think rexus can shine in on this topic since he's doing a diet test also.

Btw i read on the avert/robinul thread that you were having success with robinul. Any reason you stopped taking it, besides costs?

BTW Dave, I am convinced that kimchi is the cure to everything. I am going to conduct a kimchi experiment - with rice and without rice and see what happens. I'll let you know when I'm doing it and maybe we can share our data with the forum. ;)

On a side note, in regard to Robinul, my prescription expired and I didn't have insurance. I got caught up with work and school and just never went back to see the doctor. (And plus it didn't help that it's totally embarassing to talk about this stuff even to medical professionals.) AND FURTHERMORE, I am more into natural stuff so it bothered me that I was relying on this drug which definitely came with side effects, though minor.

Overall, though, if you haven't tried it I would recommend trying it at least once because it has been very effective for most of us.

IhateHH

I'm not a nutritionist, but it's widely excepted in korea and by scientists that kimchi helps prevent cancer and make a persons body a bit healthier kinda like green tea. I know my mom always told me that kimchi is healthy and that i BETTER eat it ever since i can remember lol. I like kimchi and kimchi gook which is a soup version, but damn that stuff does make people smell like kimchi sometimes :p.

Btw i ate a buncha kimchi gook today cuz i only had some kimchi and sausages to eat. Later tonight around 8pm i drove down to my local pizza hut for the 50cent hot wings YUMMY, and my feet wasn't sweating. Now this could be a coincidence from you mentioning kimchi is a cure to everything, cuz i have been working out a lot for the past week and a half and upgraded my ionto voltage from 18v to 24v? I guess if i sweat tomorrow, ill eat a buncha kimchi again and see whats what.. All in all... kinda trippy :p.

Edit: i would like to add that, on the way back from pizza hut, i was smoking in my car and my feet started to sweat. So stay away from the cancer sticks!

Last edited:

HH Assassin

can u explain more about kimchi?
Kimchi is fermented cabbage with spices and stuff.
It's korean.

I really don't know if it has anything to do with preventing sweat. Most people think it actually makes you sweat MORE. I was kinda just throwing it out there because I have read about it before...it can cure a lot of different things. They say this also about sauerkraut, too, which - oddly - is also a type of fermented cabbage that originated in Germany. Both have a lot of probiotics.

It may have absolutely no relation to HH at all but it would be cool if it did...

It sounds Dave (ihatehh dave) might have experienced something like this
OR it was a combination of all the other stuff he's been doing OR he was just having a good day OR he was totally just influenced by suggestive thinking. ;)

In any case, caffeine and nicotine are both stimulants - and most of us have experienced an increase in sweating after using either one - so I am just gonna put those in the category of sweat-inducing consumables.
;)

BTW the past couple days I fasted w/o food or water and noticed a decrease in sweating. (FYI I didn't do it for the sake of science or anything but I did happen to take note that I was sweating less.) In fact, I really only started to sweat when I was getting stressed at work and when I started talking about the Barcelona/Arsenal soccer game that's coming up...which made me excited...haha

So hmm...these also seem to be types of stimulants. I will take these findings to the laboratory and see what I can make of them...haha