Can't join in.

Lotrsfan

I've started on this training programme, but i only go every Monday for now. The people are nice and there's all different ages there. Some much older than me. My problem is...i can't seem to talk to them. I mean i know i've only been two Monday's so far and i don't go every day of the week so i will be abit shy around them because of that, but i know that when my days when i go there will be increased that i will still not be able to talk to them or join in with their conversations. Most of them are men, and they talk immature and are quite loud and talkative. I sometimes shy laugh at their jokes and stupid talking but i can't seem to join in. There was some new guys who started this Monday when i went, but i found that they started talking a few minutes or hours into being there to the others who have been there for a long time. They also talk quite rude aswell and i sometimes feel uncomfortable. At lunchtime and break time your allowed to sit inside the place and around some tables. Whilst they are talking and stuff, i found myself just looking through newspapers but occasionally to look up and give a shy laugh when someone says something funny, so that it doesn't seem as if i'm really ignoring them and that i'm trying. It's hard. And i don't want them to soon start talking about me to each other and/or asking me questions like: "Do you talk?" and stuff like that. I sometimes got nervous when they all start coming into the room and sitting down. I do answer a person's question if they ask me something though. Just can't seem to join in with their conversations or ask questions. But what makes me feel a little bit better is there's a guy there i like :lol: and i've found he doesn't talk much but occasionally he will to the other guys and i like his personality when it comes through :lol: so i'm not really the only not-very-talkative person there, though he talks more than me. i'll feel a little bit uncomfortable now, whenever i'll go and incase they are thinking: "Oh no, there's that girl again." :(

Tryin

Will it help if I tell you you are not the only one? Probably not, but I joined a training course for chldren's couches recently and I have the very same problem. I try not to think about it too much and not to make mind blocks. And it's getting better a little, I think. There are two or three people I actually enjoy talking to. Don't worrry, Lotrsfan. Worrying makes stuff worse.