cant do it

msrcmpny

hey all.i have this major problem when it comes to dealing with girls.Theres this girl that likes me,at least thats what i've been told.anyway,i like her too,but i have this problem with asking her for her phone number.i know its dumb,but i cant just ask.i feel awkward when i do stuff like that.anyone have any suggestions for how to make it easier to just ask her for her number?cause i would like to go out with her,but im too shy to ask for it.is there any easy way to go about doing this?

Dreamer_15

why not give her your number? its so much easier for you in more ways then one, coz then shes the ones who has to phone you :wink:

msrcmpny

i guess thats an option,but i think i'll still feel a little awkward doing that.is there any way to do it and not feel like i'm a total idiot?i know this probably sounds dumb, but i dont want to do anything to screw up.

DYiNG-iNSiDE

i know thats y i thank god ima girl! dont gotta worry bout that stuff. still sucks tho cuz i dont answer when they call n they get mad or give up n go 2 an easier girl :(

cobalt_bluester

Hi there. I would suggest thinking about the payoff. If you don't ask her out you will just stay in the same postion as you are - single. If you do ask her out and she says 'yes' then at least you are giving yourself the opportunity to receive a 'yes'. Even if she did say 'No' you must learn to not take this personally and remind yourself that everybody, at some time in their life gets rejected.

Good Luck
Richard

cuill

I know exactly where you are at, bro

I'm only just now starting to get to a place where I can approach a woman I'm interested in. I'm 28 and believe me, I have missed a lot of opportunities in my life. It was so bad for a while that I would tremble, sweat, and blush at just the thought of talking to a girl. And because I didn't date AT ALL, people thought I was gay. Seriously. I started seeing a counselor, and I've realized that I have let (yes let) fear controll me. Fear of what people thought of me, fear of rejection, fear of "bothering" the girl and looking foolish. Suddenly, I've discovered that NOT asking women out is so much more painful and damaging that having them laugh at me or even hate me. I can't controll their opinion of me, I can only controll how I act. It's a simple thing to say, but its important, at least for me, to understand what that means. That is, I allow myself to feel good that I had the nerve to ask a girl out, whether or not she says yes. I take pride in that victory. I used to hate people that said, "just ask her out dude." But what it comes down to is just that simple. So, the next time you see your girl, and you start to feel anxious, say this to your self "walking away is not worth the pain I will feel because I faild to ask her out." That pain, at least for me, is so much worse than her saying no.

JaneDoe

anxiousmouse said:
you need to dare in life.
Yeah but isn't that just what we all are so handicapped in? Daring is our weak spot.

@msrcmpny

Get her e-mail address/myspace/lj/whatever!!