can some1 reccommend me meds for my problem

eckoz

So ill try to explain my problem and hopefully some1 here has had similar problems and had medication to fix it. ive tried going the non medication route, as ive seen some of my friends in highschool have completely personality changes once they were put on medication for apparently a.d.d or whatever. but basically im tired of having these feelings/ thoughts so after 2 years of putting up with these problems telling myself they will get better and they havent, ive had enough and want medication.

Anyway. I think that i have depression with slight social phobia, thought ill start with the social phobia problem. i can talk and continue a conversation with my parents and my only 2 friends. but any time im with my friend and some other people come over or even some1 mentioning sum1 else i dont know or know very well is coming over i immediately get a tight chest. not extremely tight but noticibly unconfertable. i can feel my heartbeat speed up and i start having racing thoughts about how i dont wanna see this person. I know this sounds rediculous but i cant help shake these thoughts. im pretty sure its because im not confident with myself, and dont feel like i can adress these people in a appropriate manner. and once they do come over, it seems like everything that i would have no problem saying around my well known friend becomes a challange and im kind of scared to say much as im afraid to look stupid or weird.

now the depression. i dont ever feel sad or anything, but i have extremely low motivation to do things i want do every day in a routine like my 20 minute runs or weight lifting. some days ill feel motivated to do it and this will continue for several days then ill just completely lose motivation out of nowhere and not do anything for several weeks. i dont feel sad but i dont feel happy either.
i remember how i used to get excited over events and other things and now everything just seems really mundane and nothing excites me. i wanna be happy during the day so i can be energetic and fun when talking to people and i want that to be actually how i feel, not just an act. and thats why i think the depression and social phobia are some how tied together. im not excited about anything so when i talk to so called normal people i look like im bored or depressed cuz my reactions are very small and i dont say anythin. a complete change from how i used to be in highschool.

Now just to be clear i think alot of these problems are the result of habitual daily pot use for 2-3 + years, however i have recently quit smoking , and these problems still exist and they are still very annoying problems that i cant seem to change or fix myself so im gonna resort to medication, if there is such a thing to fix or help with the problems i have.

Any recomendations?

Last edited:
i'm sorry, i really can't help you, i barely can help myself yet. =/
but i just want to wish you luck anyway.
i used to smoke bud a lot to escape reality for a while, but it screwed me in the long run. i want to quit smoking cigarettes too, but i'm afraid my panic attacks will get worse. maybe if you think optimistically?
do you feel like people judge you when you talk to them, and thats why you can't really keep a conversation going?

eckoz

Thanks for the support. yes i do feel like im being judged by people when im talking to them but im not sure thats why i cant think of anything to say. every time i get a thought to say somethin im extremely hesitant to say it and think about saying it for a while, weighing out whether its appropriate. im pretty sure this is a result of some things that happened in highschool. when i was a young'n in highschool i thought i was a big shot cool guy and used to just say shit off the top of my head all the time. well that backfired a few times when i said emberrassing things a few times and totally became introverted after that.

so basically i just dont say much out of fear of saying something dumb/stupid/weird/uncool. and when im in people i dont really know i guess i have it in my mind that im gonna make an impression, but really i just dont want to care about what they think. but i cant help but caring, it totally SUCKS

Noca

Banned
I suggest 20mgs of Prozac and 0.5mgs x 2 a day of Clonazepam to start off treating your depression/anxiety.

Enialis227

So ill try to explain my problem and hopefully some1 here has had similar problems and had medication to fix it. ive tried going the non medication route, as ive seen some of my friends in highschool have completely personality changes once they were put on medication for apparently a.d.d or whatever. but basically im tired of having these feelings/ thoughts so after 2 years of putting up with these problems telling myself they will get better and they havent, ive had enough and want medication.

Anyway. I think that i have depression with slight social phobia, thought ill start with the social phobia problem. i can talk and continue a conversation with my parents and my only 2 friends. but any time im with my friend and some other people come over or even some1 mentioning sum1 else i dont know or know very well is coming over i immediately get a tight chest. not extremely tight but noticibly unconfertable. i can feel my heartbeat speed up and i start having racing thoughts about how i dont wanna see this person. I know this sounds rediculous but i cant help shake these thoughts. im pretty sure its because im not confident with myself, and dont feel like i can adress these people in a appropriate manner. and once they do come over, it seems like everything that i would have no problem saying around my well known friend becomes a challange and im kind of scared to say much as im afraid to look stupid or weird.

now the depression. i dont ever feel sad or anything, but i have extremely low motivation to do things i want do every day in a routine like my 20 minute runs or weight lifting. some days ill feel motivated to do it and this will continue for several days then ill just completely lose motivation out of nowhere and not do anything for several weeks. i dont feel sad but i dont feel happy either.
i remember how i used to get excited over events and other things and now everything just seems really mundane and nothing excites me. i wanna be happy during the day so i can be energetic and fun when talking to people and i want that to be actually how i feel, not just an act. and thats why i think the depression and social phobia are some how tied together. im not excited about anything so when i talk to so called normal people i look like im bored or depressed cuz my reactions are very small and i dont say anythin. a complete change from how i used to be in highschool.

Now just to be clear i think alot of these problems are the result of habitual daily pot use for 2-3 + years, however i have recently quit smoking , and these problems still exist and they are still very annoying problems that i cant seem to change or fix myself so im gonna resort to medication, if there is such a thing to fix or help with the problems i have.

Any recomendations?

Antidepressants(SSRIs) can be prescribed for Social Anxiety Disorder. I take Paxil every day and it works really well. Something like that would probably help both of your problems.

yeah, i understand how you feel. the best thing to do is to just be nice. i used to be a bitch, like totally, treat everyone like shit, screw people over. and then panic attacks started. i'm kind of glad i got them though, i didn't realize how much of an asshole i was being. =P

eckoz

Antidepressants(SSRIs) can be prescribed for Social Anxiety Disorder. I take Paxil every day and it works really well. Something like that would probably help both of your problems.

thats what im wondering about. how exactly do they work? do they put you in a better mood? do they take away all those annoying hesitant thoughts and let you be more spontaneous? do they make you not get anxiety when faced with social situations that normally would give u anxiety? just wondering what they do and how well they actually work.

Enialis227

thats what im wondering about. how exactly do they work? do they put you in a better mood? do they take away all those annoying hesitant thoughts and let you be more spontaneous? do they make you not get anxiety when faced with social situations that normally would give u anxiety? just wondering what they do and how well they actually work.

I can't tell you how they work with depression, my bipolar medication keeps me from being depressed. But what happens is, after a few weeks of taking it, the anxiety just isn't as bad as it was originally, it just kinda disappeared for me, and whatever didn't go away was blunted. Not sure how to explain it really.