Can OCD return after I ceased treatment?

Alexandru

I have obsessive compulsive behavior, and had it since I was a kid.Back when I was 15(I'm 21 now) it has gotten pretty bad(that is when I was diagnosed with it).
It was worse then the usual obsessions, and it went into deep depresion which made me think about suicide a lot,and worse,I was at a point where that anxiety feeling tha t I got when I didn't followed my "rituals" started not only to become stronger,but also to appear without any reason(no particular obsession trigered it).
That is when I decided to get help.

Now, 5 years later,I am fine,been off treatment for 4 months, and in March I am scheduled for a psihologic exam.
The problem is that in the past month, I started having some obsessions again, aswell as some feelings of unease(light anxiety?) so I don't know if I should call my doctor or if I should wait.
I heard that this disease can't be fully healed, so maybe feeling like this at some time after I ceased treatment is normal?
I just feel I am sliping back again.
What do you think, should I wait?

Is there something in your life causing u anxiety right now and triggering the ocd symptoms to return? I do think that we are never completely healed from mental illness. My symptoms wax and wane a bit. That is amazing that you are in remission though. It gives me hope that some people do get better. Even the severe! I would try not to freak myself out too much at this point because you might stir up the ocd with your anxiety. I actually stopped taking my ocd meds recently and actually feel better. Of course the ocd is still there though.

Yes, OCD is never really cured. I have had OCD since I was a kid and now I am 24 and getting better. I still take medicine but I recently decreased my dosage from 150 mg to 100 mg per day. Doctors recommend dropping dosage slowly when dealing with OCD because a sudden stoppage can compound the symptoms/rituals and really make the sufferer depressed. As I am dropping my dosage, I have been able to deal with the rituals and am getting ready to drop dosages again. I am extremely nervous to take the next dosage drop though because I do not want the anxiety to start again. Good luck with everything and never be afraid to seek help!