Can I be saved?

Sharimix

Hi! I'm 19 and I suffer the social phobia. I succeed in interacting with no one. I dislike being with other people, I feel anxiety... However I've some friends who accept me, but I've relational difficulties also with them: often I shut myself away and don't utter a word - so I seem indifferent and therefore I'm often kept out, and this makes me feel more alone and sad... I guess to know the causes that lead me to this awful situation, but I think that this isn't sufficient to overcome it - in fact I lived some traumatic experiences (my sister had a tumor, and then also my father, moreover I discovered that my 12-years-old cousin died not for an accident but because he killed himself - my life is so beautiful, yeah :sad:). I succeed in speaking with no one about this. So, I'm sympathetic towards my social phobia, because I often need to be alone and to meditate on, but my social difficulties don't support my condition and so I often desire to die. Can I be saved and rediscover the pleasure to live also with others? And how eventually? I would be happy.

Ads7800

You can be saved.
The ups and downs may feel more often on the downs side at the moment, but hang in there. There can be pleasant days coming your way, however you'll have to get through the hard days to see the sunshine after the rain. Easy to say hard to do, I know.
I'm 33 and have been low as well and felt very lonely and unwanted. But from experience I can offer you hope that things do get easier with age when you can start to feel more comfortable about who you are.
I don't know if you've tried any therapy to help you. If you can get to attend any CBT or DBT based therapy it could really help you to fight your fears and learn to love yourself.
I sincerely wish you well and please keep yourself safe.

Sharimix

You can be saved.
The ups and downs may feel more often on the downs side at the moment, but hang in there. There can be pleasant days coming your way, however you'll have to get through the hard days to see the sunshine after the rain. Easy to say hard to do, I know.
I'm 33 and have been low as well and felt very lonely and unwanted. But from experience I can offer you hope that things do get easier with age when you can start to feel more comfortable about who you are.
I don't know if you've tried any therapy to help you. If you can get to attend any CBT or DBT based therapy it could really help you to fight your fears and learn to love yourself.
I sincerely wish you well and please keep yourself safe.

Your words really moved me, I'm very grateful to you!! :shyness:
However no, I haven't ever heard about the therapies you told. So do you think they could help me? Indeed lately I've in mind to get in touch with a neuropsychiatry, without friends and relatives knowing if possible, but I lack the courage... :eek:mg: Do you think I'd need it?

williamreinsch

You can do it :)
I think we are all capable of incredible thing's we would never of thought possible. It may take a lot of patience and perseverance but thing's can improve and get better. Therapy is very good to get you on the right path, it takes a lot of courage to go ahead with but in the end when you get there it's SO much easier than you would of thought :)

I still have it bad, had some real bad occurrences recently that usually would of made me relapse back into a long depression but I have managed to deal with them and cope with them alot better mainly because I just understand my illness more.

A little phrase that keeps me going lately is 'just take life a day at a time'. That seem's to really help :)