Can I ask a question?

Nack

Banned
For those of you that have fantasy worlds, how do you engage in them?
Do you just daydream in your head or act them out or what?
Because I act mine out, like physically. I must look pretty ridiculous talking to or hugging thin air, but that's how I've always done it.

Infact I can't really escape unless I'm acting them out, I don't know if this means I'm a more severe type of avoidant, but I haven't been able to find much detail on fantasies like mine.
Mine have always been like this, for seven years ever since I was at least nine.
It's been quite a bit better lately since I've been exploring my issue & whatnot, but overall I've spent the vast majority of my life & time pretending to at first me a better me, then eventually I'm pretending to be an entirely seperate person.

I don't know, it's just the way my illness has progressed.

Day dream, video games, drawing, etc...

Q

quatreofdoom

I do this same thing. For me, I physically act it out like you do.

I find it aggravating to be in public for too long because I don't get enough time to act out my daydreams. I get very excited when I find out I am going to be home alone for long periods of time. It's pretty sad, actually.

I am never myself in my daydreams, I am always someone else. I have a consistent set of "characters" that I use every day and I mesh the activities in my daydreams with things that are going on in my real life, so that I am almost always daydreaming.

I have been doing this for at least 12 years.