Can anybody tell??

Nathan

I was wondering if anyone could even tell or if it was all in my head. When I have to speak in public and feel my face getting hot, palms sweating it feels like everyone can see it all over my face. Maybe they cant even tell. Any thoughts??

Emma

I feel like that.....kind of tingles and feels like you've been blasted with a heater?
I don't know if people can tell, maybe if they do, they will be tactful and not say anything......I'm stumped 8O

IckyThump

I took a speech class this past semester at my college and after a few speeches my teacher said that she loved the confidence i had. I was so shocked because i felt like you do, i thought that everyone could see how nervous and scared i was but i guess not. It was really wierd lol.

IceLad

I would say that on the whole, most of our physiological reactions go unoticed by other people. Some reactions are impossible to hide from others, but you will find that the vast majority of people (if they do in fact notice), couldn't really care less.

Foxglove

I've had people tell me that I seem really confident. And I've also heard that some think I am snooty and stand-offish. Which is all really strange because inside I feel like a jellyfish. By the way, I love your avatar. Barney Fife is cool!

Nathan

Ive had people tell me I seem stand offish and I may come across snooty to, but inside I want to be outgoing and friendly to everyone. I admire people like that and wish so much to be like them. This condition sucks....

JamesMorgan

Cease wasting energy by imagining what others think of how your body looks. Just stop it. That's not what you should be concerned with.

They don't see you inside but inside you are shaking and nervous.

This inner feeling is invisible to other people, they cant see it unless it gets out of control then it fully pervades your body as a tight feeling. This awareness is like really fuzzy heated up inner energy, a bit like a fire raging out of control through your body.

This is a bit random, but makes me smile:

Using an analogy, other people see you as a kettle, (your body).
You experience the boiling hot water (anxious feeling) inside the kettle, like it's running through your veins. They only see the kettle which always looks pretty much the same to others. So no need to be concerned. Some kettles start shaking when they boil, steaming and making noise only because they are given energy to make the still water boil. Much of that energy to make the water boil comes from being overconcerned with what others think.

: - )

James