Burning Palms

Whoracle

I've been really getting fed up with my sweaty hands. I start to like obsess over them all day and it gets me really anxious. I know its self defeating behavior, but I just cant control it. Ive tried some cognitive therapy to control my thoughts, because I know if I don't think about it the sweating will go down. But i just can't control the thoughts and the self conciousness.

I think I'm going to burn my palms. My plan is to spray a lot of axe spray on them, then light them on fire. I want to burn them just enough so a thin scar layer forms that is free of sweat glands. I know this sounds really radical but its the only idea I have and I'm seriously going crazy. I've tried some anti perspirents (certain dri) but it didnt work at all. And I want a permanent solution.

Do you guys think this is a good Idea? I know it will be painful and some scaring will appear but I'm not really worried about that. I'm just worried about if it will work and how much sensitivity I might lose.

Whoracle said:
I've been really getting fed up with my sweaty hands. I start to like obsess over them all day and it gets me really anxious. I know its self defeating behavior, but I just cant control it. Ive tried some cognitive therapy to control my thoughts, because I know if I don't think about it the sweating will go down. But i just can't control the thoughts and the self conciousness.

I think I'm going to burn my palms. My plan is to spray a lot of axe spray on them, then light them on fire. I want to burn them just enough so a thin scar layer forms that is free of sweat glands. I know this sounds really radical but its the only idea I have and I'm seriously going crazy. I've tried some anti perspirents (certain dri) but it didnt work at all. And I want a permanent solution.

Do you guys think this is a good Idea? I know it will be painful and some scaring will appear but I'm not really worried about that. I'm just worried about if it will work and how much sensitivity I might lose.

8O

klamm76

I understand what you mean Whoracle.I have self comment one time in this forum that I wanted to take acid in my hands because of the frustration I have had sometimes.

But you have to agree it is kind of extreme action to take.

Have you tried iontophoresis?

I use ionto in a combo whith dehydralcream for my fingertips and that is working great/OK for me at the moment.

I would reccomend you to try out other things first.

Another thing is do you know if you destroy the sweatglands,ill think you just burn your skin,by the way you have to sweat a little bit anyway in your hands.Really dry hands can also be a problem.

People who have really dry hands complain about that they crack,get sore etc.If burning the the hands had been a solution I am sure that they could take a lasertreatment and burned them .But I think there is a reason why people havent tried that yeat!!

I advise you to try out things first if you dont have done that.Not just 1 thing,because 1 thing that work for 1 human dont nessesary work for another human.

TNX

tiny83

OMG! 8O

Do not set your hands on fire!!

I had Botox and it's seems to be starting to kick in. Same hand issues, Drysol, Certain Dry, etc didn't work for me, neither did "controlling thoughts" or carrying around talc or a tissue/napkin.

If you are ok with pain (and I'm guessing you are willing to endure some b/c you were thinking of burning your hands!) see a derm who specializes in Botox for HH and get an appointment and check your insurance. Many big providers cover the majority of the costs including appointments (just a copay) and the meds. This is if you are in the US, I'm not sure of other countries.

Today I felt like my hands were going to sweat, some tingling like they were about to and ....nothing!? The sensation disappeared as fast as it came. So I'm observing to see what happens when I am really in a situation where they could major sweat. The weather has cooled so they are not dripping every minute and I haven't had to meet anyone yet but will be seeing how things go! One thing that is cracking me up right now b/c of the little side effect of weak thumbs..my right is a little weak pushing down so hitting the spacebar is kind of odd but it's like a funny slight sensation. Squeezing and holding things no problem and not very noticable. It's just a temporary side effect people could possibly get after injection into the nerve. Unles s I sprained it or something and didn't know it haha.

Anyhoo, I didn't mind the pain, I tolerated it just fine b/c I was desperate and willing, and there's some temp bruising but otherwise ok. Underarms is much less painful. Hands are very sensitive. There are many nerves in them and needles one at a time being injected...(picture give or take 20 in each).

The quest to treat this HH goes on! But I'm thinking this could be working and it feels GOOD! 8)

That's so funny that you post this thread because I said the EXACT same thing to my mother before!

I told her, mom, I can't take this HH anymore, I want to just burn the surface of my palms so I don't have to feel them! Of course i would never go through with it nor do I think it'll fix the problem because who the heck wants to be touched by burned shriveled hands!

I definitely feel your pain though! Hey, they are discovering new treatments more and more now if it makes you feel any better!

Just pop some Robinuls daily and buy yourself an ion machine for you to use 2-3 times weekly. Bet you you'll feel waaaaaaaaaaay better within 5 days max!

Sure_whynot

Tell me how it works if you do it.

I've been seriously considering this as well.

Physical pain for a few weeks is nothing compared to a lifetime of emotional pain.

Its free to do, and if it works. You'll be living unlike us dead people.

I say do it. I imagine I will within the next year regardless. I just cant take it anymore.