bullying at work

spd4

My new female boss of about 6 weeks has been irritable towards me & picking me up on stuff in front of other colleagues & trying to intimidate me, there has been other stuff & I do feel that it is bullying.
I think that there is a personality clash, but shouldn't she be working on that?
I've not done anything wrong or behaved any different towards her than I have to others, I just get this awful feeling that she doesn't like me & I irritate her.
She has made me feel like cr*p all weekend for something she said to me on Friday.
The trouble is I was bullied by another colleague a few years ago & just before she left I was about to use the greivance procedure, so the management know I've been bullied before, I am concerned that they won't believe me & my boss is very articulate & I'm not.
I think she will get them on her side & no one will be on mine & no one will believe me.
Any suggestions would be great.

Start looking for another job? Beats me, this is tough. Not much you can do when your boss is an asshole. I've had crappy bosses before, I felt like shit when I lost those jobs, but looking back I'm super glad not to be around fuckwads like them. Either grin and bear it or tell them to take this job and shove it!

spd4

Thanks for your reply sabbath, I was actually thinking about looking today.
The only problem is I work on a casual basis, so I can work as & when I want, the wages are the best I could get anywhere in this area & I've been there 9 1/2 years & love the job.

But what I could do is get another part time job & just reduce my hours at the casual job until things settle down, because the boss is only on a temporary contract until they recruit properly, although she probably will end up getting the permanent job.

I just didn't want her to ruin a brilliant job.
I am recording any incidents & if it carry's on I may go to her line manager about it.

Jayce

spd4,
I am currently being targetted by a bully in the workplace too.
One of the most useful websites I have come across is called www.kickbully.com
It has some excellent tips on how to fight bullying. I am actually starting to have fun practising some of them!

gaddie

Hi Spd4,
I am sorry to hear about you being bullied at work and worse still, by someone above you in the organisation. I to have been the victim of such bullying a few years ago when I worked in Travelex as a call-rep. It was this bullying which finally made me decide to leave. Since then I have researched the topic with interest and written a book on it.
So what would I recommend? Well first thing, I would consider approaching your manager (if you can) letting her know how she is making you feel and ask if there is something you can both do to bridge the situation. If this leads to no change or even if she blatently denies there been a problem yet carries on picking on you (deliberate bullying) than do take it up further with those above in the company. Legally they are supposed to listen to you and take what you are saying seriously. If they ignore you or you feel they are not taking you seriously, than take it to the Citizens Advice Bureau who can further recommend what legal options you have,
Hope this helps
Alex Gadd
Author of Beat The Bully: A Guide To Dealing With Adult Bullying