Brave enough to go to prom? i highly doubt myself!

smileyshygirl

hey all! i have a quick question. i know prom is a couple months away and its been on my mind lately, ive actually been pretty paraniod about it,lol. anyway, has anyone here ever gone or is going to their high school prom? I want to go but im very anxious, plus i dont know how to dance :cry:

Tab

Ya I went to mine, the good thing about it thought I went with a group of friends and no one really had 'dates' except for my best friend but she came later and he snuck her in lol. Ya I didn't dance or anything me and a buddy left early and went back to our hotel room and started drinking early and were hammered by the time everyone got back. They weren't very happy and to this day still bring it up! But it doesn't really bother me since I had a good time :p

Ubersonic

Looking back I feel like a semi-loser for not going to mine even though most of my friends didn't go either. I think if you go and it sucks then you won't feel as bad as not going at all.

tuxtux

I didn't go to mine either. My then-boyfriend didn't want to go because he'd promised to go to some gathering on the same day earlier on, I didn't like most people in my year either and I didn't want to show up on my own or with my parents, so I just came along to the gathering instead.
From what my ex-classmates told me, the prom sucked anyway. I don't regret my decision since I had a lot of fun there and met interesting people, also, I met one of my favorite artists who just so happened to be a friend of the guy who organized it. At the prom, I'd only have met a lot of people I didn't like, four or five I did like, and been bored to death.

If you don't know how to dance, can you get someone to teach you? A lot of people your or my age don't know how to dance. You could ask someone you know has taken dance classes, or take a class yourself if you're brave. Or just don't dance and say you don't know how. I would've done that if I had gone.

coriander1992

GO!
I think you'll regret it if you don't :wink:
I went to mine, was very anxious & didn't really dance (You couldn't call it dancing! :lol: ) but it was fun all the same and just good to be out.

I went to mine...It sucked lol, I didn't have a date and my two friends didn't either. One of my friends had a bunch of other friends in grade 12, so he ditched me and my other friend to go dance and have fun with them.

Me and my other friend sat at our table silently for most of the night. Then we decided we'd go back to my place and drink for the first time. We went to get my other friend who was off dancing, but it turned out he was invited to a party and we couldn't come because it was invite-only...

So me and my one friend (who also has SA) went to my place, but it turns out there were no liquor stores open that late, so we went to my house to find 4 beers...2 each....we each got a little tipsy but not really.

It was a crappy, depressing night for me...

But for whatever reason I'm really glad I went! I want you to go too! Even if you don't have fun it's still a good experience!!!

enmascarado

There's no way I'm going to my prom. I don't have any friends to hang out with and I hate dressing up. It would be torture. I'm staying home and having my own party...by myself.

Last edited:

Walk

I regret not going to prom and not graduating on stage.

I get a little mellow when i see kids in their prom suits and shit.

If anyone can go, then do it. It also depends how bad your situation is of course.