boyfriend/girlfriend??

Anonymous

I'm just thinking about the embarresing things that happen to me...as u know im 18 and im a female,i have loads of guy friends but not many boyfriends its really straining my social life....i have so many guys asking me out but i always say no coz of hyperhidrosis,i know i cant use it as an excuse but its hard not to,my boyfriends want to hold hands,get really close and even when i love 'em so much and want to be with them it doesnt work....i have sweating in my hands so its hard for me....any suggestions for how to avoid these embarresing situations with the oppostie sex?? thanku

Chilling__Echo

just think of it this way, well first of all, i'm 19 and have been in a serious relationship for 2 and 1/2 years. my boyfriend is so outgoing, popular, you name it, he's that. when he asked me out, i thought that i'd freak him out and he'd leave. but just remember, if these guys are asking you out (especially if they are guy friends that know you before hand), they are someone that is willing to give you a shot. if they are good enough to be your friend, i'm sure they'd understand that hyperhydrosis is something you can't help. if you want to be up front about it, do it, but i'd bet that he'd be just as nervous as you. have confidence. the more comfortable you get the better

Anonymous

I'm an 18 year old girl and have had a similar problem. When I started college, I decided that I wasn't going to let my sweaty palms stop me from dating. When I go out with a guy, I put my arm over his shoulder instead of holding hands. I also make sure I wear a shirt that I can wipe my hands on in case I notice him going for my hand. The way I see it, if I go out with one guy on more than few dates, he will be understanding enough when I decide to tell him my problem. I know exactly how you feel, and the best advice I can give you is to not let your HH take over your life.

Anonymous

I'm an 18 year old girl and have had a similar problem. When I started college, I decided that I wasn't going to let my sweaty palms stop me from dating. When I go out with a guy, I put my arm over his shoulder instead of holding hands. I also make sure I wear a shirt that I can wipe my hands on in case I notice him going for my hand. The way I see it, if I go out with one guy on more than few dates, he will be understanding enough when I decide to tell him my problem. I know exactly how you feel, and the best advice I can give you is to not let your HH take over your life.

dirrtybee

I understand. I get soooo many approaches. and If i dated all the guys who were ever interested... Man what a slut haha.

But I reject it all, i get kinda angry as well coz i know i can't be with them. Coz i mean especially when you first start out its alot of touching and hand holding. I dont want my wer hands on his skin.

Ggirl

I was also at one point horrified about it. Then after I started dating and getting over that fear, I thought it was very silly to think that way and I'm sure one day soon you will feel that way too.
If the guy can't accept you for all that you are, then he's not the guy for you. If he has a problem with such a minor thing, then I'd say he's not worth your time anyway.

I remember when I first started dating, I told the guy about my "Condition", and he said "I like you, all of you, including your hands". I mean it sounds silly, but really that's what it is

Alina

ohh have teh same problems..its terrible+(((( if Im falling in love I need to stop myself cos Id liek to touch person you know and Idont want to feel embarassed...ehhh......I think the only thing you can do is to try to get rid of this prob ,or to find a person who would know bout it and like you anyway ,or someone who has it as well

seth

just i want to say that find a guy who can love u really. when he loves u he didn't care about H.H. Another option is finding a guy who has h.h. I am a guy and i am 27 years old. i am searching for a girl who has h.h but i never meet with a girl in my country . I am from Turkey and live in İzmir. I want to talk with girls who has h.h.

Alina

shell_59 said:
I'm just thinking about the embarresing things that happen to me...as u know im 18 and im a female,i have loads of guy friends but not many boyfriends its really straining my social life....i have so many guys asking me out but i always say no coz of hyperhidrosis,i know i cant use it as an excuse but its hard not to,my boyfriends want to hold hands,get really close and even when i love 'em so much and want to be with them it doesnt work....i have sweating in my hands so its hard for me....any suggestions for how to avoid these embarresing situations with the oppostie sex?? thanku
u know few days ago I told my boyfriend that I didnt want to start dating him cos my palms sweat sometimes and I find it embarassing ( we've been dating for 4 months already and recently got engaged+)) he said that he doesnt care if my palms sweat or not And actually everyones hands sweat at least sometimes You know firstly make a guy fall in love with you and fall in love with him then he wont even pay any attention to this and probably wont even notice that your hands sweat Also use Dri or secure wipes etc for them , I use Dri and my palms sweat really seldom now, when its hot or when I worry too much

Danfalc

Banned
I know its easy to say but try not to worry bout it and ruin things for you,like its been said before if someone likes you.. they like you full stop and it aint as bad a thing as your brain makes you think.I couldnt care less if a girl i liked had h.h.. or even a mate it wouldnt put me off holding there hand or anything,ive had occasions where ive had a girl over and its been to hot and they got worried cos they were sweating a bit but ive just said oh well lets be sweaty together lol,its better than sat there wanting to be affectionate with each other all night and not being able to touch each other.Its not like youve not washed and its stale week old sweat or anything.

I think you should be open about it and i think youll be pleasantly suprised that it wont be an issue :)

BiGz

Yeh what you say is quite true to some extent Danfalc, I'm 21 and I think the biggest issue for me would be the fact its not so much the girls you know quite well where you can feel more comfortable, but the girls you only just meet an want to make an impression with or the ones that seem attracted to you and want you to make a move, which is generally the guys job. I'd say I've missed out on a number of oppurtunies thanks to HH :(

Hey Dirty Bee where abouts in Aus you from? I'm Perth

cheaz1001

hey im 15, and i have HH on my hands also. but then i also have a girlfriend. before we started dating i realllalallalaly wanted to ask her out and everything, but i was afraid to because of my HH. we were already really good friends, so i just told her about it, and it turned out that her sister had the same problem and she completely understood everything. she told me not to worry about it at all, and since then weve been going out. ta da. you just gotta tell them and know that they will accept you. if they dont then theyre real jerks. i know i wouldve accepted her if it were her with the problem!

Kaykay

Any decent guy who asks you out would understand your hyperhydrosis, and if not, then they're not worth it!
I'm always really paranoid about sweating so much, but my boyfriend made me feel so much better about it because to him it didn't matter and I felt so much more relaxed around him than anyone else because I know he understood.
Once you get past the initial step of talking to guy about it, I promise you'll feel so much better. If you know someone loves you and doesn't care about your HH it'll really boost your confidence.
You just gotta go for it :]

metalogue

Hey, it's not "your" problem...

Yeah girlfriend, it's not "your" problem, in fact, there isn't a problem. And that's that. Guys should be into you because you're wonderful, and an attractive person. End of story. I'm a guy and last thing that I would be concerned about is sweaty hands on a girl...

Go grab life and slap it around a little, and enjoy yourself.

Metalogue.

http://www.sweathelp.org
http://www.megadry.com

MissMisery

I agree with what the others have said, you having sweaty hands shouldn't be a big problem to anyone! =)

I can relate to your worries though, only difference is I have generalized hh. If it's hot enough or if I move fast enough I get sweaty on my back, my chest and neck, basically everywhere.
This is really making me feel awkward in the summer and spring. In the autumn and winter it's not as much of a problem since it's colder.
However, I can control it decently if I walk slowly or try to move as little as possible when its hot (having to hurry to the train or something when its fairly hot is a nightmare).
Anyways, I'm interested in a boy but I hesitate to get involved with him because I fear that he will think I'm gross when he finds out about my excessive sweating. And as soon as I get reminded of my sweating I start thinking "Damnit, he would never like to be with a sweaty girl like me, what was I thinking when fantisizing about getting together with him". So, basically its quite a big self confidence issue for me that keeps me from trying to get close to boys (I might add that I've never been close to having a boyfriend even though I'm twenty).
But if I try to get involved with this boy now during the winter when the sweating isn't as bad, then maybe he will like me enough to look past my sweating in the summer? :roll: :?: :oops:

smith2007

hi miss misery i have hyperhidrosis in the hands and feet and relationships r a nightmare for me so i no wot u goin through. Hyperhidrosis is seriously affecting me having relationships. Where u frm, do u fancy chattin on msn r by email :D

MissMisery

smith2007 said:
hi miss misery i have hyperhidrosis in the hands and feet and relationships r a nightmare for me so i no wot u goin through. Hyperhidrosis is seriously affecting me having relationships. Where u frm, do u fancy chattin on msn r by email :D

Hi! Sad to hear you're having problems as well, but it's at least a little comforting knowing that there are people out there who knows (and really understands) what you're going through..
Yeah sure, it would be fun to talk some more with you =) I'm not sure I want to write my email address on here though.. =/