Bothered by lack of attention

Bronson99

^Agree with this.

No one is obligated to do anything on the net. It is an inappropriate place to rely on other people to sooth your troubles. You will always end up disappointed.

Did I ever say I'm entitled, online, to people soothing my troubles?

Did I ever say that, offline, I'm entitled to people soothing my troubles? A possible exception is therapy, but I never gained anything from it.

What is going on here--everyone is against me, putting words in my mouth?

What did I do wrong?

Bronson99

What is creepy about him? I don't know the OP but from that one post, he doesn't come across creepy at all.

As for being entitled to whatever he wants - He never demanded anything. He simply tried to make a friend and the person disappeared without a word. He never said he was entitled to anything from anyone. He's upset because he's fed up of people starting off a friendship but then without any word, closing their account. That hurts, as I know from experience.

I'm sticking up for him here because I know exactly how he feels. Plus I've written posts like that on other forums in the past and have effectively been attacked for it when all I wanted was some sympathy and an ear, in a place where I thought people wouldn't jump on me like happens in so many other forums. The last thing anyone wants when they already feel down is to be criticised unfairly.

Really, nobody else sees it this way?

I really come off as naive and demanding as everyone else thinks?

Bronson99

And lastly, I wanted to say I have had online friends, in the past, that have talked with me for months and did like my company.

I think it is quite frankly callous that some of you implied 1) it's not worth the effort 2) nobody would be interested in what I had to say.

In other words, online friends are sometimes supportive and interested in helping. If I take a shine to one of them over a period of weeks, and they promise to continue to chat, and then disappear, of course I will be hurt by it. I imagine most of you who haven't yet suppressed emotion entirely, myself included, would also be hurt. I don't see why this would be a childish reaction, I think it's a human reaction, esp. common among the anxious and lonely.

My problem is I get too bothered by it, too invested in it. I want to learn to lessen the impact. That's all.

Did I ever say I'm entitled, online, to people soothing my troubles?

Did I ever say that, offline, I'm entitled to people soothing my troubles? A possible exception is therapy, but I never gained anything from it.
Below are the lines from your original post that gave me the impression that you were relying solely on online talks with other people to help your "emotional crisis"

I came back to posting on forums and trying to talk to people online, because I was lonely and in an emotional crisis.....

Right now, when I'm relying on the internet for socializing, that hurts.....

Even the fact that half the time I post here, I'm just not seeing enough responses, that bothers me....

But when I do want attention, I seriously do want it, and it hurts when it's just not there....

And I never said anything about "offline" in my post btw. My second sentence was in relation to the first, I was still referring to the net.
I also never used the word "entitled" anywhere in my post.

Last edited: