Body Language advice please

Scottish_Player

As i wrote in another post about meeting and chatting with some one amazing iam just looking for advice on body lanuage mainly from females here.

When i was talking to her she was constantly playing with her hair, like grabing it with both hands behind her head and fixing it into a pony tail kinda but then lettting it go and every no and then fixing it, i know i maybe making something of nothing but does it mean anything? That owas just one of the little things i noticed and well just thought i'd ask :D

maggie

hey Scottish....to me, that does sound kinda like a flirting thing..to play with your hair like you said....the only other thing i can think of is that it is like a nervous habit or something....but i think of it as more of a flirty thing :wink:

LittleMissMuffet

Awwh, come-on Scottish Player: you already know the answer :wink: You're just lookin' for a bit of ego stroking!! :roll: ...so, here goes 8) ...yes, that is what it's supposed to mean isn't it -when a woman strokes or plays with her hair -it means (usually) that she fancies the bloke talking with her.

Now, excuse me for getting all serious now -but...
...What interests me, is that you would notice such a detail (most people probably 'sense' the signals communicated through a person's body language, but wouldn't be in-tune enough to be aware of them, perhaps). Makes me think that noticing little gestures and being in-tune with others and one's surroundings would go with the sensitive/in-tune type of personality that, in their weakened state, might suffer from social anxiety. -That sufferers of social anxiety would be the more sensitive/in-tune types. I read that 'social phobics' are actually in fact, true 'people people'. And it's interesting that (like me) you pick-up easily on things like body language (I do it practically without having to think!).

Anyhow, yes, she probably is attracted to you. ...do you know that 'the experts' also say that women are attracted to the 'feminine' part of a man?...other than that, what can I say, except: Go get 'em, tiger! :lol:

Skog

Scottish_Player said:
When i was talking to her she was constantly playing with her hair, like grabing it with both hands behind her head and fixing it into a pony tail kinda but then lettting it go and every no and then fixing it, i know i maybe making something of nothing but does it mean anything?

Well, if your thinking that stroking her hair while talking to you means she is interested, and that is enough to boost your confidence to pursue the relationship (ie overcome shyness), go ahead and think that. Don't take it to mean "let's have sex right now," though. Just assume it means she might be a friend and go from there.