Blushing

Dariushka

This is an email I received from a society running regular therapeutic sessions for people with social phobia. Thought at least some people might get interested.
Contacts - Social Anxiety Self-Help Groups (SASH) London

We have been contacted by a production company which is making a documentary about blushing.
Explaining the aim of the documentary, film-maker Helmie Stil said: "With this documentary about blushing I would like to take a journey into the blushing world with it's social, medical, physical, psychic and life issues. I blush a lot myself so I've a strong connection with the feelings of blushing.. the negatives and positives. And I think it's time to create more awareness about blushing, give more information and show people what it's like to live with blushing. "

Helmie is looking for people who feel that blushing has a big influence on their lives, to have an informal chat with them about their experience.
No record will be made of this meeting and you can remain anonymous if you wish.

If you would like to talk to Helmie, please contact her by e-mail: [email protected] or phone: 07432659362.

NamiraWilhelm

That's great, definitely something that needs more awareness! Maybe it'll teach people that pointing it out only makes it worse :p

That's great, definitely something that needs more awareness! Maybe it'll teach people that pointing it out only makes it worse :p

True! It is interesting and relevant, thanks op for sharing. It can be quite awkward at times but has always been the case that I turn the most violent shade of beetroot at the slightest thing! Less naive than I used to be but used to squirm and get a little embarrassed by people talking of rude or sexual sort of things- how prudish! Similarly can't get away with anything, bluhing is a dead giveaway, would be an awful poker player! Whilst travelling on train it is quite naughty but my mum suggest we ignore the ticket man as he passes to get a free journey. Sitting there and he passes and have mum in stitches laughing at my blushing.