Blushing

ShyCrow

Hi all,

I'm new here. I just wondered if anyone else here suffers from a fear of blushing as I do and have done for 20 years and more. I'm now in counselling and on anti depressants, have tried hypnotherapy but nothing seems to work. I spend so much of my time preoccupied with staying in control and protecting myself from a blush which I feel will somehow make me look rediculous in front of others that i'm not really living and feel desperate.

ShyCrow

arrina

I suffer from blushing a lot I also suffer from grinning which is just as bad i grin when Im nervous and always at very in apropriate times when i was younger if someone fell or hurt themselves or if i had to talk about something sad not that i thought it was in the least funny i could not help grinning. I blush if certain people talk to me and I cant look them in the eye for feer of blushing. I hate it if people say iv gone red too because it makes it so much worse. I know how you feel and if you find any cure please let me know i really really hate it.

PhantomPod

Yeah, I also blush a lot. I really hate it. I don't really know how to control it, but I desperately wish that I did.

coldfish

It is the fear of looking ridiculous in front of others which is the key to the problem. It is the fear of blushing which makes us blush. I find that sometimes when I blush and everyone notices I then don't blush again as the secret is out and the fear is removed.
All we have to fear is fear itself. If you learn not to care if you blush then you won't have a problem. You probably won't go red anyway then but if you do it won't matter.
There you are, easy. I haven't quite mastered it myself yet and I've turned forty but I'm working on it.

PartsUnknown

I usually blush to a point where i look like a baboon's a$$. But I feel that the trying to blush thing could really help.