blushing and BCP

Z

zuma

Hi guys,

I was hoping you could share your expertise. I'm almost 30y female, I'm not overtly shy, I don't have problems talking to strangers or going out with friends, but I hate being singled out for anything. I would blush occasionally, but nothing excessive or abnormal. There's one or two people I'd almost always blush when talking to, but I figured it's more my fear that I'm going to blush that triggers the actual blush.

Several years ago I went through a period of excessive blushing at just about anything. I didn't have to be uncomfortable, just people looking at me would trigger it. I shortly after changed my birth control pill and I went back to what it used to be, annoying but manageable. A short while later I was diagnosed with PCOS.

I've been on the same meds (BCP and Spironolactone) but lately I seem to blush about everything, several times a day. My boss can't say a word to me without my face going bright red. It's incredibly embarrassing, that at my age I can't even talk to my male boss without turning into a tomato. And the more I fear it the more it happens I'm aware of this, but I wonder if the hormones can cause it?
I also notice that I sweat more than I used to and I'm very sensitive, ie headache to weather changes, which is also new. I've had my blood work done recently and everything is apparently normal. Does anyone have any experience with this? Can it be the hormones? Is something wrong somewhere or is it a purely mental thing of fear of blushing making it worse?
I don't know if I should see a gp or a psychiatrist.