Blushing after stopping sweating?

jay77

I have been applying certain dry to my hands everyday for about 2 weeks and have noticed that my hands sweat much less, but now my face gets red extremely easily. My face uses blushes very easily, but recently when hands started getting dryer, my face gets very red all the time. If it even a little bit hot or if I feel even a little bit uncomfortable, my face will get red.

I remember this happened about 5 years when I was a freshman in high school after I got prescribed drysol. Once my hands started getting dry, my face started getting red very easily. Does anyone know how to deal with this? Or has anyone been able to stop their blushing in general? I looked at the blushing forum on here, but haven't found anything.

Scandic123

Well, I don't really think it's possible to stop blushing, but if I were you, I think I would stop using that thing on my hands because blushing is much more visible and embarrassing.

jay77

Yeah the blushing is embarrassing, but I am in nursing school so my hands need to be dry because I am working with patients

TreeBones

Blushing is so noticeable and embarrassing in my case, a cute boy can't even sit near me without me getting nervous and blushing, its uncontrollable =/

Hi Jay, maybe you should dry another brand of deodorant if you are getting side effects from Certain Dri. I have to say I have not heard of blushing/compensatory sweating from deodorants before.

This happens to me... My hyperhidrosis has gotten a lot better over the years, but about 2 years ago I noticed my face was turning red all the time. I realized that when my hands were dry, my face was red. It's always either or. Sometimes in a situation in meetings/classes where I'm put on the spot, I am happy when my hands sweat because then I know my face isn't going to turn red. Ugh. I'm unfortunately around people who love to make fun of the girl who turns "pink".

Recently though I've been able to help both quite a bit though. I started taking 5-htp supplement (for anxiety)... That helped significantly in stressful situations. And I'm also taking something called "Asian Flush Formula". I got it because after a week of searching for something cheaper than Eredicane for blushing, I found this to be half the price and the exact same ingredients. Those together have allowed for me to have better relationships with my classmates and has allowed me to speak up in social settings as well a whole lot more. I'm overall more calm and less sweaty :)