Bloody cheek i know....

lys

here's the thing - i'm new here but i want a favour. i'm a 2nd year media production student and for my final project i want to make a film about social phobia. i dont want to just use my own experiences because i've never met anyone else that suffers from this so i dont know if my experience is "avarage". obviously no social phobic would want to talk to me anyway. it would really help if anyone here would be willing to tell me the problems they have faced. it's a cheek i know - and if no one posts then thats ok.

thanks
lys

Mykul

this is cool cause i was doing multimedia..and for my final project in 2nd year i did a movie on depression/anxiety.. it was just purely visual.. and only people that are depressed and anxious would understand

lys

that was my thought too to do something with just images and sound design. no interviews or voice overs.

lys

cool.
i just want it be accurate for as many people as poss really. i mean, i dont want to include self-harm, for example, if it's a seperate problem and most SP's dont suffer from that. do you know what i mean?

Mykul

yeah i get ya,, i didnt include anything like that.. mine where fast clips of myself, static clips.. just to show "losing control" etc.. its hard to explain hehe.. but my work was actually sent off to the "endemol" company.. they company that does the likes of big brother etc

lys

wow. i was thinking of intercutting the scary stuff - walking down streets, crowds,shops etc - with the kinda locked away/hiding stuff. sort of the fear and the aftermath.