Blank mind

limetree

It's not just shyness and anxiety, which tightens the inhibitions. Even if I wanted to say something when I felt the environment was safe, I've got absolutely nothing! Extreme introversion? I'm just not naturally outgoing.

which reminds me of

"Emptiness...the fundamental canvas of our being..."

(OT I know, sort of)
Blank mind in solitude=peace... at least

Jura

I have that same problem too a lot of the time, but it generally improves when I become more comfortable around that particular person. When I'm alone and imagining conversations with other people, I'm a lot wittier. Though that may be because I imagine things I'd wanna talk about.

I think the main reason for this problem is because we simply don't talk much to others, and that it improves naturally as you talk to people more, seeing as we all have it, and because I know from experience that it gets better pretty easily and quickly (though the rate probably depends on how introverted you are and how developed your social skills are).

bitingthepea

samee

I no how you feel and its weird reading all these threads because it sounds just like me!
Its hard being at work in an environment with people becuase i just clamp and keep myself to myself but in an ideal world id love to be out there and be jolly[/b]

no1

Banned
when I get nervous or very self conscious of myself my mind goes blank. I get stuck like.. hoping people dont find me 'stupid' and at the same time makes me forget wtf the subject was about and paranoid... Then after people lose patience with me I'm like "oh yeah".

lettypagb

lol , is so what happened today .i was talking with a girl and i just asked her about anything ,ha , waas so funny , is not difficult just have to keep making questions .

Marie1988

i think now and then everyone gets a blank mind, when its all the time yeh it is an issue. but i reckon maybe its because we can be so busy analysing the enviournemtn or how anxious/depressed we feel, and go into ourself and what r bodies are saying, that we become detached from whats happening around us. its not that ur mind is blank so to stay, its just no focused on talking. its focused else where. im quite extroverted person, i love to talk, laugh and be apart of whats going on, but i can be quite introverted at times where i go into myself and i have blank mind syndrome, then i get overwhelmed with this blank mind.
just try not to focus to much on it.
also the more you do, the more you have to talk about. what i find when theres no one talking is just chat some shit like 'im thinking of going traveling for a bit in the summer' then people r like where? u say where then they spout of about where they wanna go etc. people like to chat on about emselfs that is right, but remember we are people and u can chat on about yourself an all. but dont only talk about yourself, or only talk about others. middle road.