Birthdays and Celebration

Richey

I am talking about when its your birthday.

Anyone find birthdays to be a harrowing experiance. The entire day is focussed on you and you can't escape it. You are the center of attention and your the one who has to make a coherent speach at the end. I find that normally the whole occasion gets to me and i become quite anxious and awkward. The entire day you are forced into uncomfortable situations. Then there is always the ability of intoxication. Anyone relate to this?

relaxed_attention

I totally understand. I just had my birthday and to avoid all the uneasiness I made sure I was away from all my friends and family so I wasn’t forced to celebrate my birthday. I’ve been there and done that so this year I was going to do things my own way…alone. Hopefully by next year, I’ll want to have a party. But this year the party was me. It does make me feel nice knowing that there are people willing to reach out to me and wanting to take me out and “celebrate me”. I just find it too overwhelming.

Richey

Thanks! :lol:

I enjoy it for the first hour but then you have to keep up the intensity for the entire day so that people are entertained. I become anxious over time.

kiwi

While I tend to escape the whole attention thing because I live alone and don't spend my birthday with others, it's become a tradition in our team at work to bring a cake in for everyone on your birthday, so that kinda sucks. And my birthday is coming up soon 8O

Gloomy

Today is my birthday.
Second worse day of the year, only Christmas is worse.
last year my mom gave me a surprise party
That was the worst birthday ever.
I just want to be left alone on my birthday,
but people dont let you do that.
Birthdays are all about the other people you know.
The birthday kid just has to try make other people happy.
and pretend they are having fun.

birthdays just suck

Septor

Richey said:
I am talking about when its your birthday.

Anyone find birthdays to be a harrowing experiance. The entire day is focussed on you and you can't escape it. You are the center of attention and your the one who has to make a coherent speach at the end. I find that normally the whole occasion gets to me and i become quite anxious and awkward. The entire day you are forced into uncomfortable situations. Then there is always the ability of intoxication. Anyone relate to this?

I wish I had that.No one ever notices that it's my birthday but i can see how it would be annoying if it happen every birthday.