Big personality

den1

Hi does any1 on here think maybe underneath all the anxiety they are in fact a really outgoing person with a big personality, but just don't have the confidence to go with it in social situations that results in you climbing into your shell?

I do think thats what my problem is, because when I am relaxed and in a good mood I can be quete loud and funny and the life and soul.

When I am anxious I cant even try to be myself because it just doesn't work, I am totaly not on form and if I even try to crack a joke it just doesn't work because I have no charm about me.

I need to get over this anxiety desperatly, I feel like the world wont accept me and Im scared of reaching an age where I wont have completed any of my goals due to this (what seems like) huge fucking mountain I keep on getting half way up then getting kicked back down.

I will get to the top one day screaming out with my hands to the sky.

Big Time by Peter Gabriel

Hi There,

I'm on my way I'm making it, Huh!
I've got to make it show yeah, Hey!
So much larger than life
I'm gonna watch it growing
Hey hey hey heyyyyyyy

The place where I come from is a small town
They think so small, they use small words
But not me, I'm smarter than that,
I worked it out
I'll be stretching my mouth to let those big words come right out
I've had enough, I'm getting out
to the city, the big big city
I'll be a big noise with all the big boys, so much stuff I will own
And I will pray to a big god, as I kneel in the big church

Big Time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
Big time, I've got to make it show yeah, big time
Big time, so much larger than life
Big time, I'm gonna watch it growing, big time
Ho ohh ohh, oh oh, ho ohh ohh, oh ohhh

My parties have all the big names and I greet them with the whitest smile
Tell them how my life is one big adventure and always they're amazed When I show them 'round my house to my bed
I had it made like a mountain rage with a snow white pillow for my big fat head
And my heaven will be a big heaven,
and I will walk through the front door

Big Time, I'm on my way i'm making it, big time, Huh!
Big time, I've got to make it show yeah, big time
Big time, so much larger than life
Big time, I'm gonna watch it growing, big time
Big time, my car is getting bigger Big time, my house is getting bigger
Big time, my eyes are getting bigger
and my mouuuth
Big time, my dinner's getting bigger
Big time, and my bank account
Big time, look at my circumstance
Big time, and the bulge in my big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big

coriander1992

yup.
I used to be outgoing...like really outgoing.
I think underneath it all I still am. :?

It kills me when people say I (or any other shy person) has no personality just because I am shy. How the f*ck do you know! you don't know me! t*ssers :twisted:

coriander1992

den1 said:
I do think thats what my problem is, because when I am relaxed and in a good mood I can be quete loud and funny and the life and soul.

that is EXACTLY the same as me.
Sucks big time doesen't it... :roll: :(

of_darkness

It's all about my moods, sometimes i'm fine at least from my perspective.

I definately feel as if i'm trapped inside, I can usually think of things to say but 'the situation isn't right' or It just doesn't occur to me how easy a conversation could be with that person.

Those thoughts vanish when i'm in big groups, I totally struggle. Supose it's my big problem, I never see myself as being into the conversation enough to contribute, even if I was there when it started.

But with one person, I'm usually fine, I can laugh, joke, almost like a normal person,

4leafclover

I am outgoing when, and only when, I've first had some alcohol.

Just wish there was a way to let my other side loose without any help of drink.

I always see myself as someone else, not the person that my sp makes me come across as, and then people think i'm different to how I really feel

Aeon

My moods are actualy keeping people from seeing that I have a problem. Sometimes I'm happy but when I'm sad they just think I have a bad day. Only the people who realy know me understand.

Doomed2Die

I concure, I bet many suffers have a huge personality trapped inside. Myself I vastly enjoy any conversation with anyone and feel like trying everything at least once with a happy face... but then it is jaded by dark thoughts so really people dont see this much and tend to make up their own fake personality for me...

starz

Yes definately!

When I am with close friends I am one of the loudest,outspoken ones not the shy person I am with strangers.

It is more apparant when I go for a night out ,as when i first go to a restaurant or nightclub I am so quiet because of the amount of people around and then after a few glasses of wine I feel like everyone else and love chatting to people, its just a shame the effect usually wears off!

I get annoyed as I feel I am not being authentic, because the "me" I present to others on a daily basis is not who I feel I am inside if that makes sense!

stevelee24

den1 said:
Hi does any1 on here think maybe underneath all the anxiety they are in fact a really outgoing person with a big personality, but just don't have the confidence to go with it in social situations that results in you climbing into your shell?

When I am anxious I cant even try to be myself because it just doesn't work, I am totaly not on form and if I even try to crack a joke it just doesn't work because I have no charm about me.

I need to get over this anxiety desperatly, I feel like the world wont accept me and Im scared of reaching an age where I wont have completed any of my goals due to this (what seems like) huge fucking mountain I keep on getting half way up then getting kicked back down.

I will get to the top one day screaming out with my hands to the sky.

im exactly the same when im with my close friends im the life of the room but if theres more than 4 people in the room no matter who they are im just quiet and if i do try to make a joke or anything its just comes out all wrong and sounds terrible.

i dont feel like a shy person i just have a mental block in some situations.

Allan

It's often said that still waters run deep. Just because you don't spill your personality like the Hoover Dam breaking, doesn't mean you don't have a big personality. :)

When I'm with friends, I'm a tad more vocal than normal, but if the ratio of friends to strangers is greater than about 7 strangers to 1 friend, I'll still sit there like a clam. (Strange that I should actually know math regarding this. I have weird thought patterns. :p)

Why

sometimes i think so

wiht my "e-friends" and some of my closest frends, i think i am outgoing and funny when in the group but it just doesnt show with acquantices

Harleyq

I used to be really into astrology and according to my signs, I should be outgoing and charming. I have moon in Libra and my rising sign is in Leo, both of which say that I come off as loveable, warm, funny, and outgoing.

Ehh...not so much lol. I'm pretty sure that I'm introverted by nature, with or without S.A. and I think I have a deep personality, but IDK about a big one. When I'm with even one friend, though, I notice some of my S.A. problems go away completely - I can approach strangers all day and act friendly. Still, I'm never one to be to walk into a room and become the life of the party or anything.

Last edited:

dmdmm

It kills me when people say I (or any other shy person) has no personality just because I am shy. How the f*ck do you know! you don't know me! t*ssers :twisted:

Same here. I remember my manager saying this girl I worked with had no personality. It kind of ticked me off. She had a great personality, but you had to get to know here before she would open up to you.

I tend to joke to people about the fact that I have no personality. The fact that they agree with me makes me wonder if it's true...