Being sick

stu

Hi peeps.

I'm wondering if there is anyone out there with the same problem as me. I'll try to explain it as best as I can. Basically I vomit when I know i'm going to have to talk/make small talk in social situations, I THINK. This hasn't been confirmed yet but that is what I think is the problem.

I can go out the house no problem, I can go shopping, and I go to work where I talk with my workmates and i'm fine.

For example, on saturday I went to a wedding and I got to the church and before I could go in I was sick.

A while ago I was on the way to the pub with my dad and half way there I was sick.

There have been more occasions where I have been sick but i'm sure you get the picture.

The thing is aswell the day before an event and on the day leading up to the event I really worry about being sick which leads me to panic like hell about it which doesn't help.

Sorry for the long post guys and gals but I just wanted to get a load off my chest and see what you thought.

Thanks for your time.

Stu.

stu

I forgot to add :roll: basically this fear of being sick everytime I go out in social situations is now preventing me from going out to social events which is what is worrying me.

Many thanks

Stu

esp

Hi Stu, basically the vomiting is a symptom of anxiety. When you are experiencing symptoms of panic, the fight or flight reaction starts and part of that is that blood goes into your muscles and away from your stomach, and so you may vomit. The reason I know this is that I have had a period of time where I had some very bad anxiety and couldn't eat without vomiting. But it got especially bad if I was going on a trip somewhere to go shopping. Also in the past I would always vomit when I was especially anxious about something. I would recommend you to see a psychologist or doctor. Now that you have a fear of vomiting in situations involving people, first you will need to face your fear of vomiting, but to get to the bottom of it you need to see why you feel panicked in the first place. Don't let your fear of vomiting stop you from doing things, go ahead anyway even if you have vomited. I was always like good lets get this over with, if its going to happen its going to happen, then you feel a bit better and can get on with it. I hope this helps.

stu

Thanks for taking time to reply :wink:

Your response was very helpful, I will definitely go to see the doctor and see what he says.

After i've been sick i'm fine after that, I don't feel the need to vomit again which is like you said.

A good thing happened today aswell my manager which is also my cousins wife found out that I get these panic attacks and that seemed to lift a whole lot off my shoulders.

Many thanks

Stu

This is one of my worst physical symptoms. I get so nervous when ive gotta be social that i get an upset stomach along with nausea. Its most embarassing if i go out somewhere to eat, im so anxious and my mouth is so dry that i take ages eating my food and waste most of it :oops:

pitkreet

Yeah SuicidalChick, I used to get that real bad, expecially when I had to go out to a formal meal or something. Real nasty way to live. I had that problem for a few years but it gradually faded in time.