Being invited to join a community wellbeing group

milo2020

Sorry if I sound silly writing this.

So, I've started CCBT with a help from a helper, for social anxiety, generalised anxiety and health anxiety, I've also been invited to join a local community wellbeing group.

She said it can help with my social anxiety, it's for people with anxiety and depression, and self esteem issues.
They do things like arts and crafts relaxation and going on group walks.

Has anyone here been to these kind of groups?

I'm the kind of person who is afraid to say no.

A part of me would like to try, but a large part of me feels awkward about going, I've seen some video on youtube on what they do, I don't know, but I also feel it's not my kind of thing.

Also with it being local and living in a small town and everyone knows each other.

As for my anxiety, especially social anxiety, my parents already think I'm being silly, my dad laughs at it, and says to my mom I'm just being pathetic, been like that since birth. And my mom complains that I sometimes act like an old man or like I'm disabled, they don't understand anxiety, to them it's like I can just get rid of it in a click. Anxiety especially generalised and health anxiety has caused a lot of horrible physical symptoms that I can't "just get over it".

The lady who works at the wellbeing group is not forcing me, but says I'm welcome to join.
It's usually in the day time when I got work on the family farm and usually busy in the summer, it's for 3 hours once a week, but can't decide and feel anxious.

Miserum

The opportunity is there. Why not try it for the summer and see if it changes you at all?