being a bit childish

Dorothy

is it ok to be a bit childish. i am 17 but sometimes i act young. Some of my frends r like 14 or so. At college some ppl think i am weird becaus i act young, they laugh sometimes.

it gets me down but i am trying to change. I am meeting people on this forum and they r going to help. they will make me act older hopefully.

jamez

Yes it's definitely ok. And kids definitely have more fun.

There's always a time to act your age though. But being 17 atm, I think you should go wild.

Dorothy

thank u for ur replies. u have made me feel a bit better. some pppl do not like me, ok i can handle that. itis all th fakes who make me sick.

gg

:arrow: Just be yourself. You will mature as life goes on. You will look back on this someday & think to yourself- What was i so worried about. Trust me. Enjoy your youth now while you can! :)

LA-girl

We have a phrase in Norway which goes kind of like this:

You're not an adult before you can admit that you're childish... :wink:

dazedandconfused

Whenever one of my friends tell me I'm acting immature (which is happening less and less), I ask them what the point of me acting like something I'm not would be.

Waybuloo

Of course its ok to act childish, u do what the heck your heart desires, without breaking the law (all the time) and hurting people!

I act like a weirdo and even more childish than children sometimes, but i get away with it i suppose, being the only child and having a kid-like look.

Having said that, i think there are times that you need to be mature, or people wont' take you seriously at all.

newshyguy

nah being immature and childish are two different things

a guy could act immature but not childish
a child acts childish but not immature

but i can relate to what u say , i also act kind of childish sometimes , and i also look young , i got ppl calling me "buddy" , and my voice is still sounding like from when i was 15 or something and im 18. and there are ppl my age who already have beards and are like huge and stuff, it makes me feel intimidated by them

newshyguy

MariahCarey wrote:
i get on betta with toddlers and kids than ppl my own age!

Yah they dont judge. I like people.

no i dont like kids, they always ask u questions like "why are u here" "where is ur dad" and other more annoying questions, and then they start picking at u is even worse because u cant say anything back at them b/c they ar kids.

Just be yourself. You will mature as life goes on. You will look back on this someday & think to yourself- What was i so worried about. Trust me. Enjoy your youth now while you can!

i didnt think of it this way thanx