Beauty before the collapse

mienaino

I might just be going out on a limb here, but does anyone else find everything to be the most beautiful and marvelous, and all at once bleak and tragic, during the descent into depression--as though every waking moment is a perfect work of art, and yet too horrible for words?
And then at the deepest depths, as though the light is snuffed out and the weight of the ocean just crushes you?
Or am I alone in this?

thequietone

mienaino said:
I might just be going out on a limb here, but does anyone else find everything to be the most beautiful and marvelous, and all at once bleak and tragic, during the descent into depression--as though every waking moment is a perfect work of art, and yet too horrible for words?
And then at the deepest depths, as though the light is snuffed out and the weight of the ocean just crushes you?
Or am I alone in this?

Yes, and I always find it ironic and feel like I'm walking around in a movie about myself. It was beautiful how you described it...I knew exactly what you meant. 8)

yea it's like you're saying your last goodbye to it

it's like you've given up now. for a moment you see both sides of the truth, because in giving up you become completely rational, and see things for what they are. but by that time you've already turned around, and then it slips out of sight completely.

Last edited: