Beating this shit step by step... (stage 1)

ItsAWar

Hello everyone, im new and i have SA, im not a serious case but its strong enough for keeping me from doing certain things that i would like to do...Anyway the reason of this post is to show you guys a system that i have been using with fucking great results lately; it involves going from easy (or not, depends on the person) low levels of anxiety tasks to harder high levels of anxiety ones, and of course doing it gradually and consistently. i know, its nothing new and im not going to win an award for creativity or somethin', but there are certain steps that i thought about that i havent seen anywhere else.
OK! Let's get our hands dirty! This is the deal:
The system consists of 10 stages, each of them has several levels of different difficulty. In the same way the stages are ordered in the level of anxiety they can generate (at least in me :wink: ) being stage 1 the the easiest and stage 10 the hardest...
Stage 1 is: The Phone...
OK. May be your phone bill will be a little bit larger than usual after you get over with stage 1, but i think its worth it (it was for me)
Level 1: Call a random number. You will probably hear something like "hello" on the other side of the tube. Dont say nothing. Just keep he phone on your ear as you listen how the other person gets gradually more impatient, until he/she finally hangs up. Listen to that click...
Easy shit, uh? well believe it or not i felt some anxiety when doing this, so i started with level 1 and scared as hell... :lol:
Level 2: Call a random number again. This time when you hear the answer, ask to speak with: (fill this space with a weird name)... :lol: ok not something so weird that your call could be take as a joke, but one weird enough to get the other person thinking: "WTF?". He or she will probably answer with something like "you got the wrong number", so you say "oh, im sorry", or something like that, and hang up.
Piece of cake you say? come on! dont tell me you didnt felt at least a little rush of adrenaline... Now to level 3...
Level 3: This time we'll get a little pushy... :wink: call again one of the numbers you used in level 2, and ask for "poor bastar with weird name" again, they'll probably be a litle "less diplomatic" this time, but you hang in there... ask them: "is this (number that you dialed)?" youll get an affirmative answer, then you can say something like:"well, weirdname gave me this number, are you sure you dont now him/her?". At this point expect to start hearing bad language or some kind of threat... :evil: ...be cool... 8) ... dont laugh... :D cause believe me, you'll feel like it... Excuse your self again and hang up, if the other person hasnt done it already :lol:, and now you can start laughing histerically if you want.
So... this are the first 3 of the 6 levels of stage 1. The goal is to do them until you dont feel anxious at all in carrying them out. Please try them and let me know how it went; i assure you its REALLY worth the try, it may seem stupid at first but once you start getting momentum and confidence, you'll start to love it! :D .
Its time to get over this shit, its your own mind, show the bitch who's the boss here! :wink: The day is NOW.
I'll post the next 3 levels in a few days.

Take care.