BBC Media Request

BBCDevelopment

DOES SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY HAVE A PHOBIA OR DO YOU SUFFER FROM ONE?

Do you or a family member have a phobia? And has it resulted in you not being able to do certain things together as a family, for example a fear of flying, heights, agoraphobia, water, food, driving….? Do you want to move past this phobia once and for all? No matter how big or small the issue; if it’s affecting you and your family’s life we want to tackle it for a new fix-it style show for BBC Three.

To find out more just private message me on this forum.

While I respect your premise on wanting to gain subjects for your show, it's important to understand that offering a 'fix-it once and for all' promise is misleading and disrespectful.

Were it an effort to genuinely help those that need it would be one thing - but combine the promise of a quick fix and the fact that television is involved - it starts to smell like exploitation.

Fear of judgement and being judged is a big factor in social phobia and agoraphobia. So I'm not entirely sure having their progress- or potentially lack thereof, broadcasted internationally for all to see is in the subject's best interest.

Scandic123

Do you really think that anyone on this forum will join that such? If yes, then you have no idea what it's all about. Social phobia "includes fear of public situations and scrutiny which leads to embarrassment or humiliation." Almost everyone participating in such programs are embarassed and humiliated, while being watched by millions of people. And since social phobia is the fear of exactly that, I don't see how joining the show can be good in any way.