back pain

baller86

Does anyone else here have any type lower back pain? I was doing some research and apparently people with this disease have high occurrences of hyperhidrosis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosing_spondylitis

One of the main symptoms is back pain when you wake up in the morning that alleviates after doing exercise of streching/walking around for a while.
If any of you know you have this disease or think you have these symptoms please post a reply.

Icicle

I'm 15 and 5'9, and do experience a fair amount of pain in my lower back ever since I'd started strength training seriously. Started about 8 months ago, and has always kinda been there. I've just assumed it to be a sore muscle or something of the sort. Though that is odd having one part constantly sore for a few months. Next time I go to the doc I'll ask him about this, Thanks for informing me.

sad18

Yes, I've been having pain in my lower back, but just a small amount, allmost constantly. It goes away after doing exrecise,but than it comes back again. I don't understand inches, :) I'm 175cm tall :)
But, honestly, I'm not really sure that has anything to do with HH...
I don't know..
If you have any more info, please post! :)

baller86

This is really speculative on my part, but I'm thinking that the back pain may be affecting the nervous system, which in turn is causing sweating, overheating, anxiety, etc. I'm more curious than anything to see what everyone says.

Jezza

Hi,

I have a little more time now, so here are my thoughts on it.

I have read about possible back injuries causing HH as well, and I think in my case, that it is a possibility that some nerve might be jammed or something like that. It makes sense in the way that apart from the HH, I'm generally, at least I hope I am, a healthy person to my knowledge. The HH is so far out of ordinary for me I can't believe it exists in the first place, let alone that I have to be the one (ok, one of the view) that has it. But I do have it...I'm convinced that there is an underlying cause for it, be it crushed nerves or something else. Moreover so, because I don't think it's heriditary...

The problem is, even if it's some nerve damage or a nerve is stretched due to some back problem, what are you going to do about it...

You have about a gazillion nerve ganglions so since medics aren't even sure about what's causing HH, finding the nerve that might or might not be causing HH I think is, unfortunately, impossible. Which is very frustrating...So, we're stuck with less than optimal solutions that attack the symptoms instead of the cause.

Btw, I'm from the Netherlands so metric terms rule. I'm 190cm. I think 1 ft is a little more than 30 cm (not sure) and 1 inch is 2,54 cm (sure).

baller86

My thought was, in this case, there's a disorder of inflammation in the spine. Obviously the inflammation would interfere with the nerve and the hyperhidrosis. If you reduce the inflammation, then you will likewise reduce the effects on the nervous system. Keep in mind though this is just a far out theory I had while researching hyperhidrosis. I do believe hyperhidrosis is hereditary though.