Babbling...

Angie_05

My little brother told me today that he stopped listing to me because I was talking too much. He asked me a question and I guess I just went on and on with my answer. It made me sorta self-conscious. When I am a little shocked that someone is speaking to me or nervous about speaking to someone else I just start babbling. Anyone else do that or think they might have a problem with it?

I haven't been on the forum in about a week. I have been really busy with school. I hope everyone is doing well and getting along like good friends.

redlady

Babbling?? Are you kidding me! I'm a stunned mullet. From where i sit in my mute state of being good for you......for TALKING!!

stardog

yeah, but ya know everyone talks sh** sometimes,, noone has interesting stuff to say all the time. I do always worry about this though, so in conversations I tend to steer away from subjects that I think are bound to bore the other person, eg. college, work etc. Trouble is there aint much else to talk about! :roll:

Boundless

stardog said:
yeah, but ya know everyone talks sh** sometimes,, noone has interesting stuff to say all the time. I do always worry about this though, so in conversations I tend to steer away from subjects that I think are bound to bore the other person, eg. college, work etc. Trouble is there aint much else to talk about! :roll:

Love the avatar :D

Tanya_S

I babble so much sometimes it's ridiculous and seeing that no one believes i have sa because of this:roll: but the thing is i only babble cos i am so self concious abt what the other person may think if i am too quiet. the trouble is they probably think i am crazy anyway seeing that i babble so much.

Bravo

Babbling! Hehe, that's a funny thing to do for someone with SA. But I think it's a good thing, better than clamming up.

Angie_05

I think I do it because I am nervous and I am talking fast and not paying attention to what I've already said. I try to explain things as if what I said already wasn't good enough.

Also, if someone compliments, say, my shoes, I will go "I thank you I bought them at [store name] for [price]. I like them too. They go well with this shirt." I had to stop doing that and just go, "Thanks. I like them too."

Claireabell

I always ramble on when I am nervous and people do question just how bad

my SA actually is. I always worry when there are long pauses unless I am

totally comfortable and at ease with the person I am talking to.

renegade

Angie_05 said:
I think I do it because I am nervous and I am talking fast and not paying attention to what I've already said. I try to explain things as if what I said already wasn't good enough.

Also, if someone compliments, say, my shoes, I will go "I thank you I bought them at [store name] for [price]. I like them too. They go well with this shirt." I had to stop doing that and just go, "Thanks. I like them too."

I would like 2 be like that, never stop talking and going on and on and on .... It's nothing wrong in that I think, talkative people get over SA easier. :)

I, for ex, am always wondering what to say and if I say it wright and my mind is blank so I can't get nothing out, and it seems for you is the other way around.

Danfalc

Banned
stardog said:
yeah, but ya know everyone talks sh** sometimes,

:lol: Well said!

Its true, everyone does babble from time to time about crap, if you think you babbling just, take note of there reactions... if there talking and engaging in the convo there probaly intrested,but if there sat there with a blank expression and just nodding or grunting yes from time to time you probaly are talking shit (which we all do time to time) so yeah if that happens you migh wanna shut up :lol:

blubs

I'm quiet with most people. But when I see my boyfriends parents, especially his mum, I get so nervous I just yak on and on...somtimes I even think to myself...god am I remembering to breathe here? I just start talking about something without thinking about it...and then have no idea how to shut up....so I keep on going :oops: