B*U*S*H* [Off Topic]

Alternator

*I know this is off topic, but I just thought I should post something different. I bet you guys get tired of talking about this anixety all the time right?

Well I noticed most of the people here are from the Uk, so does anyone here listen to Bush? I know they werent very popular there at first but what the hel....
What kinda music does everybody listen to?

Alternator

No, No!
I thought I had made it obvious enough for people to know what I'm talking about. The alternative band Bush, from Shepherd's Bush, London.

Frozen_In_Time

He he! I myself have not heard of that band, are they good? I listen to all sorts of music: rock, jazz, classical, pop...quite a range. I like most music and love to hear new music. Can you recommend us any? :)

Alternator

Bush released their first in 1995 and the American critics wrote them off as grunge rip-offs. But if you overlook the label, you'll find a great rock sound with even greater lyrics. If you like "guitar Rock" Bush is for you. Glycerine and machinehead are their best songs.

Another band that I really like is 30 seconds to Mars. They're like a new version of rush, solid rock sound with plenty of synth and keyboards in the background. I guess you could call them a 'space rock' band. What's great about this band is their writing style. All we hear on the radio these days are love songs and songs about stuff everyone else has written about. The lead singer (actor Jared Leto [switchback, urban legends, panic room]) takes a different approach when writing.

Other bands that I like are nickelback, smile empty soul, stabbing westward, and incubus <[I think everyone here knows this one]. Nickelback (how you remind me, figured you out)) and Smile Empty Soul (silhouettes, bottom of a bottle) have a solid rock sound with lots of riffs. Incubus (pardon me, drive) adds a turntable to their mix bringing a funky sound to their rock. Stabbing Westward is a mix of gothic rock and techno with lyrics of heartache. If someone is breaking up with you, Stabbing Westward (save yourself, i remember) is the band to listen to.

Frozen_In_Time

He he, thanks for the info! :) I like Nickelback as well. I'll try out your recommendations. Thanks!

*don't let this tread die*

Alternator

Come on people! Dont let the title of this threa scare you!!
Tell us about your favorite bands/artists!

Frozen, what bands do you listen to?

Frozen_In_Time

Hmmm...tough question...I listen to loadsa bands and different sorts of music!

Here are just a few examples then:
Coldplay, Daft Punk, Dandy Worhols, Fischerspooner, Pink Floyd, etc.

And more!

What about other people? I like hearing new things (even if they are old...)

emilydude

Bush are okay. I remember buying Razorblade Suitcase and Deconstructed some time after "Swallowed" was released (damn I loved that song). I wonder where I put that cd...

I like all music. Right now I'm on a country music kick. I was introduced to Gram Parsons. His Greivous Angel LP is amazing. :D

Other than that I'm a huge Ryan Adams fan. Foo Fighters, Blur, Oasis, Joni Mitchell, Damien Rice, Coldplay, David Gray - most things really. Oh and Puccini. His operas are just... divine.

Oh, and when I'm in an angry mood, there is nothing better than Rammstein. :twisted:

Oh and generally speaking, Jeff Buckley is my musical God. All hail Jeff!

Incubus are cool, though I've only heard a bit of their stuff. They always seem to be on buy "to check out" list, but I never quite get around to it.

Sorry to have gone on a bit. I tend to do that when the topic is music. *shrugs*