AWKWARD

cherish

Ok just got done facing the most awkward 5-6 minutes of my life. In english class we are forced to do a mock job interview with some person we don't know. Yeah, the lady thought i was retarded or stoned probably and i couldn't come up with answers to any of the fucking questions. There were alot of long silences and me sounding like i was mentally handicap. I'm not overexaggerating it was disastorous. I'm not a fucking people person why do they force this on all of us making those incapable feel like idiots. Wow, that totally got me in a shit mood for the rest of the day.

forgetit

A similar situation happened with me some time ago. I found very difficult to deal with it at the time. In my case, people started laughing of me.

Try (if possible) to avoid self-hatred and self-contempt. In a few days no one will remember what happened anymore.

cherish

Well there was only like 3 other people in the room so it wasn't that bad i guess. I could sense the lady thought i was a complete idiot though, that's what really bothers me about it.

maggie

cherish said:
Ok just got done facing the most awkward 5-6 minutes of my life. In english class we are forced to do a mock job interview with some person we don't know. Yeah, the lady thought i was retarded or stoned probably and i couldn't come up with answers to any of the fucking questions. There were alot of long silences and me sounding like i was mentally handicap. I'm not overexaggerating it was disastorous. I'm not a fucking people person why do they force this on all of us making those incapable feel like idiots. Wow, that totally got me in a shit mood for the rest of the day.
hiya cherish.....thing is....people that don't have social phobia will never...ever... understand how difficult it is for us to do stuff like that....i've had many awkward.. embarassing moments like that.....try not to be too hard on yourself...at least you got up and tried....that's an accomplishment in itself :)

Gloomy

All my employers have thought I was an idiot because I have trouble talking with them. I have also avoided doing things that involved talking to people and wouldn't tell the boss about problems.

The employees that I work with everyday have a much different opinion about me. Unfortunately that doesn't matter since they don't write the checks.

rko74

oh man

Holy poop! i had to do this at the lifeskills program, man i hate that stuff.I wasnt a interview but i had to ask the other person what their name is and history and then present the person to the class.Oddly enough though i got paired with a guy who liked computer games like me and i didnt do too badly.Yeah its a real on the spot shit crapping moment though :( excuse the swear.