Awkward. Afraid.

polishgirl

Hi! Didn't properly introduce myself here so I guess this would be the right time:) I'm from Poland (haha that's hard to guess) my name is Karolina and I'm 16. I don't know if I'm a sociophobic but I suspect so. The thing with me is that I am seen as very open and talkative but inside I'm very insecure. And closed. Awkward. Afraid of everything.

But what I actually wanted to write to you about is my fear of rejection and it's consequences. I can't stand it anymore. I feel I'm not worth anything, everybody is better than me, everybody is more worthy of attention. And relationships with family are I guess well-kept but then again, very chaotic. Friends aree close and yet don't know a thing about me.
But guys and forming any sort of contact, not even mentioning relationships are very hard for me. I know I'm not ugly, quite the opposite but I feel like my personality pushes every guys away. I'm too scared to even talk to one, afraid that I will be not what he expected, I will be not enough for him to feel attracted to me.

I know I'm 16. A lot to learn, to experience but I feel that it's deeper than a teenager having problems with creating relationships.I fear this will be forever, I will never feel good enough. I keep comparing to others, I keep isolating from the contact, breaking it, shutting myself down. But I'm still alone now more than ever.

I know this is typical for a sociophobic and probably you will find this post very typical and boring. But I guess what I'm asking is, how do you guys cope with this? Will it fade away eventually? Will I be able to feel that I'm good enough for someone EVER in my life? I can't take the constant thoughts and worries in my head, that block me from doing almost everything naturally. Everything has to be planned.

Last edited:

planemo

Well firstly welcome to the forums. I think most people here would be able to relate to what you said. How do I cope with not being able to make any relationships, due to feeling so worthless? I don't think I do in all honesty. I'm really alone, and desperate for friendship but my inhibitions are just too difficult to shake off. I wish they would go away, and I could have a life beyond my fears and insecurities. I've had a lot of humiliation, belittling and despair to deal with and of course this hasn't made things easier. I do think though that it can fade away, as you say, but it needs perseverance when one is outside of your comfort zone.

For me i think too much damage has been done, and i'm pretty much accepted being alone. But you have time and opportunity on your side, so not all hope is lost. :) It's not an easy road to travel on but we all travel on that road as well, so you're not alone.

bitingthepea

Dzien Dobry :)

I also know how your feeling. I fear rejection so just stay away from oppurtunities, for example this weekend i have a work christmas party but im that scared im going to call in sick the day before and the day of the party :(

I hope things pick up for you and you get inspired from joining us.

XX p.s My mum is Polish so i no bits and bobs of the langauge