Awful day.. just need to vent

Moo

I've been doing well lately. I mean REALLY well. So far this year I've done so many things I've never done before or thought I could do. I felt like I was making progress.

Anyway so today I had to pick up a prescription from the chemist which I've only done once before a few years ago. I was nervous when I walked down to do it. I could feel knots in my stomach and my throat starting to close up. I knew if I spoke my voice would be shaky but, in keeping with how I've been doing this year, I went in anyway. When I went in I felt the most sick with nerves I ever have. I stayed for about 15 seconds then went straight back out. After this I figured it was ok... my plan was I'd sit in the empty park/field nearby for 10-15 minutes to calm down and gather myself so I could go back and try again.

That didn't happen. My breathing went crazy and I felt like I was about 10 seconds away from fainting by the time I sat on a bench to calm down. I honestly wanted to give it another go but it was too obvious I'd been crying so I didn't want to make eye contact with anyone. I think I had a panic attack which is really strange because I don't think I'd ever had one before. I've gotten anxiety symptoms before (sometimes pretty badly) but I'd never felt as out of control as I did earlier. It was really scary.

I feel like the most pathetic excuse for a human being right now. I hate myself. I'm going to either try again tomorrow ::(: or get someone else to pick up the prescription for me if I can. It was too small and busy in there.. I had to get out. The worst thing is how I've tried SO hard this year and I end up alone in a park sobbing because I can't even do the simplest of tasks.

Thanks very much for reading. Does anyone have any advice or maybe stories so I don't feel so alone? If not it's ok. I feel a little more calm just for getting it out there.

ありがとう

Aww *gives hugs* I'm not sure what to say but I think it is admirable that you've tried rather than not going in at all. I would not suggest getting someone to do it for you otherwise you'll never get over it, but rather go again in a less busy time (early in the morning)?

Moo

Thanks for your kind replies, both of you.

I think I'll consider going with someone tomorrow but if I can't do that I'll see if they can do it for me (as a last resort).

I don't even know what I'm so scared of. I've just built this up in my mind to be an impossible task. I think maybe because it's been a bank holiday weekend so I've had 3 days to imagine all the things (over and over and over) I could do wrong. I usually am very keen on challenging myself and I know I've done much harder things in recent months but for some reason this is too much for today. Anyway I feel a lot better and much less pathetic. You know.. at least I am indeed trying. :)

Srijita52

I'm sorry to hear that. But you did try and that's really something. Like you said you've progressed so much and this particular incident doesn't mean you've lost. These things happen sometimes. Going with someone is a great idea, though if you're really not feeling like going tomorrow maybe you should ask someone else, but try to face something similar when you feel a little better.