AVPD Support group ideas (hahahahaha)

Hi. Though potentially hillarious i'm aiming to start a support group and would appreciate your input if you feel like it as it's a highly flexible idea. While this forum seems really usefull, i think a different form of support could be too.

From personnal experience I feel people who would qualify for the AVPD label find it far easier to communicate with simular people so there would likley already be a general understanding. I guess that's true for all people.

The main feature of the group would be a shared goal which is worked on individually

The aim of this would be for everyone to be and feel valued and contribute while having their boundaries respected. Developing confidence on multiple levels, learning skills. Also getting things achieved that we couldn't alone.

Basically pooling our skill sets, for something all agree is productive and worth doing. Could be anything we feel passionate about and want to achieve, maybe relating to AVPD in some way if desired. A couple broad possibilities are, education or causes

I know my ideas on how to approach a AVPD support group are pretty unconventional. They are based around the belief that AVPD peeps rarley get to enjoy the benefits of team work and may find it highly rewarding if it's arranged to suit our preferences. So in short making use of each others knowledge and skills without making each other feel uncomfortable. No discomfort neccesary or at least minimized.

I havn't worked out the details as that would depend on the preferences of everyone interested.

Hopefully this will start via the internet fairly soon. I'm looking in various places for interested people, ideas and opinions, even criticism if constructive.

Go on, avoid considering it..hahahaha.

Last edited: