Avert nasal spray?

CelineX

I stopped taking my Avert pills because they take about 5 hours to absorb and I get horrible side effects. I read on another site that somebody tried snorting it and it worked, so I decided to try it since I was desperate (I know, it wasn't the brightest idea). It actually absorbed in 20 minutes and I have no side effects other than minor dry mouth. I normally take 2 mg but I snorted 1 mg and it worked just as well, I'm completely dry.

I'm thinking that a nasal delivery of Avert would be ideal because it works quickly without the hassle of not being able to eat before and after, since the drug gets absorbed directly into your bloodstream. I was wondering if I got an empty nasal spray bottle and mixed some saline solution and some Avert together, if it would work. I'm pretty sure it's water soluble since lots of people mix it into their iontophoresis water. This would be my dream come true, because for me taking it orally requires 5 hours, and I can't eat 3 hours before and after taking it or else it won't work. Also, the amount of medicine I need is cut in half, which is cost effective.

Does anyone think that this will work? I really don't want to damage my nose. I think a nasal spray is much safer than snorting, but I'm not positive. I tried searching the internet for advice on turning medication into a nasal spray but I couldn't find anything.

krazyj

Such an administration can damage your nose. As far as I know, no studies have been done as to the safety of application to mucous glands. It may have damaging effects in these tissues, for all we know.

Try doing it sublingually. Crush it up to a very fine powder and put it underneath your tongue and let it dissolve. This will have the same effect (instant release into the bloodstream rather than through the GI and liver) and be much safer.

cm123

Contact pharmacy.ca i know that they are in the business of making avert in strengths not commonly sold at other pharmacies, perhaps that could make a nose spray for you.