Avert...does absolutely nothing for me :(

Solo Dolo

I have tried avert on multiple occasions now. I just tried it again today for the first time in a long time. I took 1mg on a completely empty stomach around 9am....then took another 1mg an hour later on the same empty stomach.

It is now 1:30pm and there has been literally NO RELIEF WHATSOEVER. This is so disappointing and I feel so completely helpless as usual.

For the record ...I have generalized hyperhidrosis. I sweat from EVERYWHERE like crazy. Literally...the second the sun touches my skin my entire body is soaked like i just got out of a swimming pool...thats from literally just standing there for a min in the sun....no exaggeration at all. I would not joke about this. It completely has ruined my life.

I don't know why avert seems to work for so many people but not for me. Seems like nothing will work for me...i am hating life as usual... :(

JCS

It may seem that way, but you are definitely not alone.

Not exactly sure which medication is Avert. I use a combination of Levsin (Hyoscyamine ER) and Ditropan (oxybutrin) for the relief of severe compensatory sweating following ETS. I also used the meds for severe HH relief over much of the body before ETS, and found them more effective prior to surgery. I had ETS to reduce scalp and facial sweating (I was searching for any relief), but would not recommend it, especially if sweating is generally distributed. I recommend finding a Dr. with experience in prescribing a combination of anticholinergics.

I believe I have had at least two friends that also suffered from some degree of HH. Even so, I would have never thought of trying to talk to them about it.

bsammy

ive never heard of Avert, have you tried Drysol??its the only thing that helps me but it only helps for armpit region..

SamOlive

Avert is another generic version of Robinul. I think Avert is only sold by pharmacy.ca (so their own branded product).