Avert, and physical activity

Mr_Drips

I am going to be trying avert during the next few days. I was just wondering, I skateboard basically everyday and I get really sweaty. Is avert dangerous if you're going to be doing something physical where you need to sweat? I really need to know, as I don't want to die. I would only be using avert for days when I know I'm going to be doing something social, like going to school, hanging out with a girlfriend..etc, but afterwords I will probably want to skate, and, like I said, I don't want anything bad to happen so...will it be trouble?

Jezza

In my opinion; no it won't be a problem. The body has 2 kind of sweat glands and avert only really blocks the eccrine ones. But opinions disagree on that subject.

Still, I would imagine you'd notice you're overheating before it's too late. I mean, it's not like 1 second you're fine and then all of a sudden boom badly overheating.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to try glycopyrrolate myself, however, I did try some oxybutynin which basically does the same basic thing on sweat glands, I played some basketbal with that (outside, but intensive) and it was fine...I was however also still sweating.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but just be aware of it in the back of your head. You will know when you become feverish and I can't imagine that if you stop right there it would be a problem.

I think you should be more cautious when you know you're going to be in the sun all day and have no means to escape it, then playing sports and being able to stop at any given time.

margiehope

I am going to be trying avert during the next few days. I was just wondering, I skateboard basically everyday and I get really sweaty. Is avert dangerous if you're going to be doing something physical where you need to sweat? I really need to know, as I don't want to die. I would only be using avert for days when I know I'm going to be doing something social, like going to school, hanging out with a girlfriend..etc, but afterwords I will probably want to skate, and, like I said, I don't want anything bad to happen so...will it be trouble?

You can adjust the dosage. I'm trying to accept sweating a little as OK. When I go to my aerobics class I take enough so I'm not pouring, but not so I shut the sweating down. When you're active, most others are sweating too, so that's OK.
Otherwise, do what you'd do anyway to protect yourself, especially hydrate.