Attacking Anxiety and Depression - Please try this

Oh and another thing, when you said that it helped you with your anxiety did you mean that you're getting better? Do you still get nervous or? How would you compare your previous self to now?

Raynor

MrDrinkingLysol said:
I figure I'd post a link to this program in case anyone wanted to try it out. You can download this using BitTorrent, but I know many people don't know how to use that so I uploaded it to Rapidshare in a zip file. I was only able to upload the first 4 weeks (it's a 15 week program) but I will upload the other two parts in a few days if people show an interest.

I used this program about 3 years ago, and it really helped me a lot with my anxiety. It's not geared specifically towards social anxiety, but the exercises and skills it teaches you will definitely help alleviate some of the symptoms you have. It's basically a self-help CBT program that attacks anxiety and depression from many different angles including positive self-talk, "what-if" thinking, controlling anger, learning to be assertive, diet and exercise, etc.

In the file are 4 weeks worth of the program, the workbook in PDF format, and the relaxation tape. Let me make it clear that if you want results from this program, you MUST read the workbook and use the relaxation tape on a regular basis for the program to be effective. You can't just sit around and listen to the lessons and hope to make any progress.

This isn't some miracle cure that will make your anxiety disappear forever, but I can say without a doubt that if you put some effort into this, you will see results.

Some general guidelines if you choose to start the program:

Read the introduction in the book first.

Only go through ONE lesson per week. Do not try to cram everything into your brain in a few days. You have to spend a week on each lesson to master the skills that are taught in them.

It's not necessary to spend an entire week on Lesson 1 (the workbook even says this) because many here are already familiar with the symptoms and causes of anxiety and depression. Listen to it once and begin your first week on Lesson 2.

Do the assignments in the workbook and use the relaxation tape EVERY DAY. This is very important and is stressed throughout the program.

You need a PDF viewer to read the book. If you don't have one, you can get it here.

Here's the link to the program:

Attacking Anxiety and Depression

Good luck. :)
Thankyou for the post that you have put on the forum.. im downloading ot now... Hope it does well for people.. Areally good thing what you have done.. :D

MrDrinkingLysol said:
I'm glad to see at least a few people were interested. I tried posting this at another message board and it got taken down right away. :(

I'll put the 2nd part up tomorrow and the 3rd one a few days from now.

qwerty103 said:
Oh and another thing, when you said that it helped you with your anxiety did you mean that you're getting better? Do you still get nervous or? How would you compare your previous self to now?

Yeah, I still get anxious, and I'm not over it yet. But that's mainly due to the fact that I didn't stick with what the lessons taught me. I eventually went back to my old thinking habits because I figured I was cured.

The most important lesson in that entire program is lesson 3. Positive thinking is the key to feeling better about yourself and life in general. It sounds easy, but trust me, it's not. Just keep that in mind when you go through the program.

I see. It really does takes long. I guess you need to understand everything they say.

Yeah it probably got removed from the other board probably because of bittorent. That sucks.

Thanks for uploading the other ones btw, hope for more :]