Astronauts, Anxiety and Arrghhh!

black_mamba

Not sure where this topic should go strictly speaking...

Theres a programme that just finished on UK tv where the producers lied to some idiots to convince them that they were going up into space (but really they were just hustled into a big simulator *teehee*). Naturally, they had to be trained and taught about all aspects of the journey, just to add to the reality.

One of the experts who taught the idiots was one of my lecturers. In fact, I've actually had a conversation with him about my SP. Plus, he came into a video game shop [where I worked for 2 whole days] to buy his daughter a game. He didn't recognise me even though the whole time he was browsing I stared at him ready to smile and say hello. :(

Ok my point is, I can't quite get my head around this: I saw this guy at uni, he was my tutor for a year, then I keep seeing him on TV. It's freaking me out, my brain just can't seem to grasp the idea that real people go on tv. I literally cannot stop trying to process this information in my brain.

Look at him Dr Welch, its freaks me out so much, this can't be healthy.

Have I lost my grip on reality? Why does it seem so dream-like to me that I know someone who has been on TV many many times? Argh what a bunch of random 1am thoughts, sorry. Had to puke it out right here on the SPW shagpile carpet. I blame, yep, you guess it, anxiety.

Oh and well done for reading my topic, here's a reward:

bizarre_pic_447.jpg

haha its a marylin mushroom.

Chilling__Echo

hmm i know when i watch tv, it seems like people live dream lives. but at the same time i know that alot of it is staged, probably all of it. maybe seein someone you actually know on there and them being genuine is weird? i dunno. wild guess. relax! (((hugs)))

black_mamba

Chilling__Echo said:
maybe seein someone you actually know on there and them being genuine is weird?

Definitely! I think I'm still hyper and stressed from earlier today - coursework deadlines. Too many people pooed on my head and I gotto unload it all. :lol:

stardog

I saw Alan Titschmarsh in a pub earlier today! It seemed soo unreal, I couldn't stop staring at the guy. My friend who I was with hardly batted an eyelid.

(I think I went off topic there :oops:)

black_mamba

No thats exactly what I mean stardog. I find it so strange trying to comprehend that this person was inside a little box in my lounge at one point. :lol:

stardog

Yeah, it shouldn't be so strange theyre only human after all I guess

btw, I never realised how big Titmarsh's nose is! It's huge! :lol:

black_mamba

:lol:

Maybe it doubles up as a shovel?

It's ok its ok I have a big nose too, therefore I can make big nose jokes. :wink:

4myself

Wow stardog, you saw Alan Titchmarsh!. Cool, we just had one of his docos airing over here in Australia, he is a really interesting presenter!.

Hey Blackmamba, I have been on t.v to, on an ad a few years ago. Do I freak you out now? :wink: By the way, thanks for the mushroom, I entered it as a contestent in the next survivor series.

black_mamba

Oh thank god, I thought you were going to say you had munched on it. :lol:

What was the ad for that you featured in? Did you have to say any cheesey lines?